06 4L60E swap into my 88 V10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuck55

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V10
Engine Size
Has anyone here had any experience with installing a 4L60E 2piece trans into a 91 or earlier V10? I have a controller I just want to get more clear on the flywheel, torque converter, starter problems I may run into. The Trans is out of an 06 Avalanche. I am done with the TV system!

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I have a 2 piece 4L60E in my '80 K-10 project truck but it is out of a '98 K1500. If the bell housing bolts up to a SBC the flywheel and torque converter from a 98-99 should work. The transmission supports from the '98 that go from the motor mount to the lower bell housing also fit just fine.

IDK if the later 4L60's that came on the LS motors bolt up to the SBC's

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I did have to move my cross member a little from where I had it with the 700R4, I used the trans mount from the '98 and added a spacer for it to sit at just the right height. My cross member was for a 4 speed though, you might not need to mess with yours.

I also had to retrofit my older NP-208 for a 40 tooth reluctor wheel and VSS to control the trans, your controller might not need that. What type of speed sensor came in the '88 V-10?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Knuck55

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V10
Engine Size
The original TBI system has a speed sensor in the speedometer but I am running an Edelbrock pro-flo so will have to see what the controller setup is when I get it. I had the bell housing up on the motor so I know that fits and am now measuring flywheel differences. looks like I will have to run an LS fly with the 2006 torque converter. Going to the parts house tomorrow to compare them to see about teeth, starters, ect... Good times! I am likeing them blue bolts! Will continue to update you on the progress. Also am getting some advice from a transmission guy I know so between everyone here and him it ought to be running soon.
Thanks for the info,
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly