‘84 C20 454 in Nevada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I think it really depends on where you are. Sure B a T brought unnecessary price increase because of the attention but the market is making the prices appreciate in most places. Also, some people look for the 2wd 3/4 ton for lowering purposes and some folks want 2wd larger than 1/2 ton to keep it that way, just like some people actually look for long beds etc...
Yeah, I am doubling down here. If that truck is actually as good as the description says it is, I would say ~$7,000 is a great price range.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dude stole that truck! I paid more for my '84 and it's almost the twin to this other than having a 305, sport mirrors and a short box lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
Understanding the market is tough, because it’s selective. 1/2 ton 2wd short box fetches far more $ than a 2wd 3/4 ton apples to apples.
Example, I’ve chased a couple original 1/2 ton long boxes. And they went for around $10k.
Yet a nicer condition super low mile more original 77 3/4 ton, my buddy bought it for $5k got a “steal”. Took months to get $7500 out of it. If it was the same truck and a C10 it would have fetched 10k easy. More if it was a short box. And more if a step side.
Talking comparable condition and miles etc.
Same reason burbs fetch barely half or maybe less of equivalent pickups. While they’re desirable to some, they are far less sought after than pickups in general.

Yeah, I am doubling down here. If that truck is actually as good as the description says it is, I would say ~$7,000 is a great price range.
To be fair, in the land of rust, that truck is a better deal for sure.
And it wasn’t a ripoff for what it is.
To that point, if I was gettin a long bed 2wd to lower, I’d consider a 3/4 ton for the lower price of entry into the game.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Same reason burbs fetch barely half or maybe less of equivalent pickups. While they’re desirable to some, they are far less sought after than pickups in general.
This is exactly how I ended up with an OBS Burb for a tow pig. I wanted an OBS crew cab or at least a 2500 pickup with the 454, but the similarly equipped burbs were priced at half or less. I got mine needing some maintenance and minor repairs for a cool $1,200...

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
This is exactly how I ended up with an OBS Burb for a tow pig. I wanted an OBS crew cab or at least a 2500 pickup with the 454, but the similarly equipped burbs were priced at half or less. I got mine needing some maintenance and minor repairs for a cool $1,200...
Funny how things have changed! Back in 2005, when our '84 Burb got stolen, we needed another Burb. It was the middle of fall swap meet season, and also the middle of hurricane season. Katrina had just happened, and there were other systems in the Atlantic that might get in the Gulf. We had one running vehicle then, the '90 R2500 Burb, and it needed work before being reliable enough for an evacuation trip.
We looked at every Burb in greater Houston area. We could find a "running" (barely) square body Burb for $500-$1000. Several of them in fact. But all were needing a lot, to be DD material.
So we ended up with an OBS Burb, our first '99. Was a decent truck, but don't buy a Chevy from the Phord store used car division. Damn oil drain plug was cross threaded, and siliconed around the hole. Power steering hoses went out, the day AFTER the 30 day warranty expired. We had it for 8 years, and put some miles on it, but it ended up leaking everywhere. Got totalled in late 2012, bought its replacement in early 2013 for the $3000 we fought the insurance company for.
Would love to have another square body Burb, but can't afford them anymore.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod