wiring questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abadoobi

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
camper special
Engine Size
does anybody have a wiring diagram for the distributor alternator on an 86 half ton suburban with a 350. i need to know what colored wires do what. i really need this and cant seem to find it with searching on my own. thanks

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have an 86 GM wiring manual for Squares. Just a matter of finding it right now. Do you happen to know the colors you are concerned about? Are are you just wanting the printout? Not sure I can scan and post the diagram, but I can likley follow some wires and tell you what goes where when I find the book.

abadoobi

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
camper special
Engine Size
kinda lookin for the wiring diagram if there is anyway you could get it up or email it or whatever works. im i took the engine out of my old rusted out suburban and im putting it in a jeep and i want to run a wire directly from the distributor and alternator to the battery. the colors are a red a white and a black coming off the alternator. and i think its 2 reds and a black off distributor or maybe vise versa on the distributor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John46953