Wife's Suburban (2007) gets a facelift...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Most people on this board won't care about this or find it useful most likely but that's alright. Hopefully you find some enjoyment in it and I think it turned out great!! :waytogo: I'm definitely excited about it so here goes.

Here are the parts fresh out of the box. You're looking at the billet grills to go on the top and the bottom part of the grill housing plus a billet bowtie to replace the gold one on the grill

You must be registered for see images attach

Before I touched anything. Here is the stock front end (sorry about the dark pic)...

First off, you're going to need the right tools to get to the backside of the grill. On the 07-11 Burbs the bumper cover and grill are all one piece but there are six bolts across the top that you need to take out and you'll need a ratchet wrench and a 10mm socket.

After that you can get your hand to the back side of the grill. The first thing I did was take out the original gold bowtie emblem. You will use the same 10mm socket and wrench to take off the retaining nuts on the backside of the grill. There are two threaded studs that just screw into the rear of the billet emblem and then the nuts just screw onto the back of the grill just like the original retaining nuts did. The threaded studs and nuts are supplied with the emblem.

Just the new emblem installed and pic of the old and new bowtie side by side...

I then moved on to the billet grill inserts. These are pretty easy and I just went with the grill overlays. I didn't feel like cutting my grill up for the other type of billet grill and IMO these look just as good. There is some minor hardware needed. All you need is a screwdriver for this one...

There are holes that the screws go into and on the back of the grill you place the black "plates" and the nut with lock washer to fasten them down. This keeps the grill in place really well. (in some of the pics you'll see some white "stuff" along the edges of the Burb. That's frozen soap because I'd just taken it through the car wash after the install:))

A few weeks ago I also put a billet emblem on the back gate along with removing all the "Suburban" and "LT" emblems (which are on the side of the vehicle). When it gets warmer I plan on taking off the "Suburban" off the doors as well.

Relatively immediate future mods with it include (in no particular order):
1. Lower the rear 2" to level it out
2. 20" rims and tires (haven't picked them out yet")
3. Either LED tails or Yukon style tails.

I'm liking the results :rocking:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looks really good------------:)

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Sweet! Do my truck next!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Sweet! Do my truck next!

Drive it on out man! The front end stuff only took me 45 minutes and that was with taking the pics! :) The debadging doesn't take long either but not something you wanna do when it's cold! :D

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Looks really good------------:)

Thanks, man! :High 5: I can't wait until I have enough to get some wheels on it, too. I really love the newest body style for GM for the SUV's, trucks and Avalanches. I also wanna get the windows tinted darker.

My long term desire is when this Burb is worn out and 'done' (probably in about 15 years or a lil more) is to get an Square burb and take all the interior, motor and all other salvageable items and swap them over to a square Burb.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nice !!! Big difference.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good job buddy. :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:handshake: Probably not as detailed with the pics as you would have been but I'm working to get up to your level :D

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
**** man, you put the socket size and description and pics of where stuff is and where screws are located, that helps others wanting to do that man, good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy