Which Squarebody pickup do you like the best?

Which Squarebody truck do you like best?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
For me, it's two groups -

'80 - square headlamp option, only used np205 transfer cases

'91 - quad headlamps, power mirrors, black/chrome ribbed lower body side moulding, fender mount antenna (neat/unusual) tbi & introduction of 4l80e o/d transmission (3/4 and 1 ton)

If only the late 80's to '91 trucks would have had factory tachs.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The one I like the best is the one I own.:signs8:
It was wanting some attention so I brought it into the garage todo some work onit.

You must be registered for see images attach

OH CRAQP_____--------_________-----______------_____ I have to mnake a choice,fuggggg,I want to bring all of them home with Me,even the rusted old hulls that`ve been stripped to pieces.Nope,I just cant doit.LOLOLOL

Last edited:

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
For the look and the confort i chose the 81-87 quad healights, but i miss the full time 4x4 from the previous version, but the np203 is too much heavy, my wish would be to find the conversion kit that make the np208 full time.

i not certain tbi is better than a carb, i wanted this, now that i have it am not convinced, i doesn't not have the reliability of a mpi.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
I have always really liked the 73-80 front ends but in terms of owning driving and working on them, I'd rather own the 81-87's.

Although there is a badass purple round eye real close to where I work that has been just sitting and I would really consider trading my 87 for it some days. It is just cool.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For the look and the confort i chose the 81-87 quad healights, but i miss the full time 4x4 from the previous version, but the np203 is too much heavy, my wish would be to find the conversion kit that make the np208 full time.

i not certain tbi is better than a carb, i wanted this, now that i have it am not convinced, i doesn't not have the reliability of a mpi.

You can find NP203's pretty cheap too since most don't like them. Heavy yes, but I bet alot more stronger than the NP208. If you like the Full Time, I'd deal with the weight for durabilty and rock with it.

I just wish the adapter to use one for a doubler was so expensive. I wouldn't mind at all having an NP203 front half married to a NP205 and triple stick it. Talk about some wheeling options. :waytogo:

Damn, I like that color scheme on your truck. Gives me ideas for my 85 K10. Just bring the dark blue up a big higher. The interior metal and dash are painted silver. You're color scheme, and silver metal that it is inside right now and convert to gray interior instead of blue, would be a sharp looking truck.
This is my 85 K10 roller that will hopefully be a project I get to start this summer if I'm at my dads since I should have some cash after selling the house. Of course, might get side tracked with a K5 Blazer of Burb if I have my way about it. But, I do want to keep this truck too cuz it's Diesel by VIN and should smog exempt no matter where I might move to, or if OK or Feds ever starts emission testing.
attachment.php

roadwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodolphe
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 10
Engine Size
You can find NP203's pretty cheap too since most don't like them. Heavy yes, but I bet alot more stronger than the NP208. If you like the Full Time, I'd deal with the weight for durabilty and rock with it.

I just wish the adapter to use one for a doubler was so expensive. I wouldn't mind at all having an NP203 front half married to a NP205 and triple stick it. Talk about some wheeling options. :waytogo:

Damn, I like that color scheme on your truck. Gives me ideas for my 85 K10. Just bring the dark blue up a big higher. The interior metal and dash are painted silver. You're color scheme, and silver metal that it is inside right now and convert to gray interior instead of blue, would be a sharp looking truck.
This is my 85 K10 roller that will hopefully be a project I get to start this summer if I'm at my dads since I should have some cash after selling the house. Of course, might get side tracked with a K5 Blazer of Burb if I have my way about it. But, I do want to keep this truck too cuz it's Diesel by VIN and should smog exempt no matter where I might move to, or if OK or Feds ever starts emission testing.
attachment.php

i know i can adapt a np203, but in France it's rare and expensive, also need the adapter for the th700r4 and a different front drive shaft.

I want to keep my tuck as light as possible (it is not work truck), my wish would be an ls1, a light awd trans, and aluminium drive shaft.

My think is better than putting horse power in the engine, i prefer remove weight it improves performance and also handling and fuel economy, i know i won't make it a race car and that's know the goal.

the paint will changed for a fall guy paint scheme.

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
X2, but I also like the mini-quads on the 90/91....Skip everything else ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomespunLobster