What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattf

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Fender door and rear fender. Rear fender is fixable thank god. Finding a left side rear fender with the fuel door is almost impossible. Cap was unharmed. I had to pop the rear window to get out!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There's enough questions on this, someone should do a write up and sticky it.

My buddy has a small machine shop (was the old NAPA one - does mostly heads, flywheels, rotors, etc.). Also has a high power wash tank, tumbler and shotpean blaster to clean up old blocks. WELL.....he got some big $ diesel intakes that were badly rusted inside and out. No way he could get it clean inside so he made one of these setups with a battery charger, small lift and a 55gal barrel. So he sets one of these intakes in (after they had been shot peaned) and UFB how much rust came out in 72 hrs. He had to scoop the thick film of rust particles that surfaced about every 12hrs.

It was impressive.

@HotRodPC did a writeup on electrolysis way back when the forum was newer. It's been a long time, but from what I remember it was chock full of info.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Fender door and rear fender. Rear fender is fixable thank god. Finding a left side rear fender with the fuel door is almost impossible. Cap was unharmed. I had to pop the rear window to get out!
You must be registered for see images attach

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Adjusted the rocker arms and carb, 350 vortec purrs like a lion, amazing how much quieter the valve train improved, and idle. Bent these grade 5, 3/8x4-32 bolts rotating the engine 4 complete revolutions. Also tightened the header bolts but still have a slight leak on passenger side, probably should replace the gasket. I now need to figure out a better fuel pump and delivery plan, that Holley red is way too noisy.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 28

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This arrived :cool:

Truck hood top is about 14.5 inches, so some should hang out nicely!!

Carb size? 2" spacers would expose more carb:cool:

mattf

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
someone pulled out on me at the last second. To avoid hitting her I cut the wheel and hit the brakes. Truck spun out hit the curb and rolled through a wooden fence onto its side. Slowest roll ever!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
someone pulled out on me at the last second. To avoid hitting her I cut the wheel and hit the brakes. Truck spun out hit the curb and rolled through a wooden fence onto its side. Slowest roll ever!
Hope you're good and not much damage !!!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

you're in our thoughts. Hope you're in good health. AND REMEMBER, regardless the damage, it is not the end. Anything is fixable, but not a taken life. You'll be good Matt.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
It just seems slow because time almost stops. Okay it's going to stop now,nope it's going over again,it's going to stop,no its going over again.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Thank you all for helping me out!

Some of you know why I move so slow some do not, but here it is.

My lower back is slowly fusing on its own now.

You All have been helping me to get Busy Living again and not stay there busy dieing.

A Sincere Thank You to All of My Good GMSB Buddies for your friendship and encouragement!

Robert
Dryriver1
My Bride had hers done 3 weeks ago tomorrow.
Probably get mine next year...

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Adjusted the rocker arms and carb, 350 vortec purrs like a lion, amazing how much quieter the valve train improved, and idle. Bent these grade 5, 3/8x4-32 bolts rotating the engine 4 complete revolutions.

Well, either you know the compression is really good, or you're on the cusp of seizure.

mattf

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I’m doing a lot better. Thank you for your thoughts! I would do it the same way again because the alternative is hitting her and she would have been injured. Although, I would have taken a different route to the car cruise! Haha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64