What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Which coils did you use and did you use coil spring compressor? Stock spindles or lowered?
Mike,
I used the stock Moog coils (#6452 and Western Chassis 2 1/2" dropped spindles.
I started using the compressor, but the bolt ran up too far and wouldn't go in the pocket.
My buddy and I finnagled (sp) the springs in place enough and jacked up the lower CA. They popped in.
Just be sure that the spring is seated and doesn't fly out when you jack it up.
Took about an hour total to get them in.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I hate side post terminals with a passion . Plus it’s difficult to connect jumper cables to . Will be doing this to all side terminal vehicles I buy now

You must be registered for see images attach
You know that they make specific top post to side terminal adapters,right. Personally I like the DT batteries

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-04_160411.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-04_160411.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2023-05-04_160647.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-04_160647.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 34

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Only 10 months since the last time, but, wash and wax day. Still need to wash the grille, the wheels, and the bumpers but all the main sheet metal is waxed.

I worked for 9 months at a place that had a caliche parking lot so washing would be a waste of time as that white dust gets EVERYWHERE.

That is what you see in the tires.

Attachments

• 20230504_185337.jpg
    20230504_185337.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
New headlights rubber coated ceramic connectors came today along with sidemarker sockets and lenses. The other lens were faded out bad. Look much better now. Haven't used the ceramic connector yet but side markers are on.

I really like the ceramic connectors seem good quality and were not expensive at all. I'll let yall know after I hook them up.

KASLIGHT Ceramic H4 Sockets H4 9003 HB2 Wiring Harness H4 to 3 Pin Adapter Headlight Connector for 4"x6" 7"x6" 5"x7" inch Car Truck Boat Marine Headlight Fog Light Retrofit(2PCS) https://a.co/d/f7GNDSQ

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Got back kinda late from OKC but managed to finish up the truck. Thought I'd try polishing compound on the glass...it made a huge difference in my case. Even after using invisible glass, they were always hazy. I should've took a pic before I did it, but.
Here's a view thru the glass after...

Will have a few ready to go cruising pics tomorrow.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Got back kinda late from OKC but managed to finish up the truck. Thought I'd try polishing compound on the glass...it made a huge difference in my case. Even after using invisible glass, they were always hazy. I should've took a pic before I did it, but.
Here's a view thru the glass after...

Will have a few ready to go cruising pics tomorrow.
nothing like that mirror appearing to be floating in the air is it! Felt that after getting a new windshield lol.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
nothing like that mirror appearing to be floating in the air is it! Felt that after getting a new windshield lol.
True this is. I was thinking about popping for a new one. Thought I'd try polishing 1st. I'll hold off on the purchase for now.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Only 10 months since the last time, but, wash and wax day. Still need to wash the grille, the wheels, and the bumpers but all the main sheet metal is waxed.

I worked for 9 months at a place that had a caliche parking lot so washing would be a waste of time as that white dust gets EVERYWHERE.

What color is your truck?

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I decided it was time for some cleaning. Used some 150gt sandpaper and sanded the top part of the door panels where it was really faded, and softened some of the scratches, then i magic sponged some of the stains off, and finshed them with some special orange, orange oil furniture cleaner/polish. Looks great, and smells great.

Also took my old faded, stained, shrunken dash mat off, and said screw it, looks better without. Used some goo-gone to take the velcro pads off, and i washed and polished the whole dash. Couple coats of that special orange. Looks great i think. Im just going to leave it that way now.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Also took the gauge cluster apart to fix 2 burnt bulbs and bad gauge, and while i was in there, took it out and apart, and cleaned everything.
Reassembled, polished the lenses, cleaned the bezel. Also cleaned and oiled the wheel, column, and shift knob.

While i was in there, i installed my new, foil tape lined, gauge light reflector. Hopefully that'll make the gauges brighter.

Looking a little better in there...

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also took the gauge cluster apart to fix 2 burnt bulbs and bad gauge, and while i was in there, took it out and apart, and cleaned everything.
Reassembled, polished the lenses, cleaned the bezel. Also cleaned and oiled the wheel, column, and shift knob.

While i was in there, i installed my new, foil tape lined, gauge light reflector. Hopefully that'll make the gauges brighter.

Looking a little better in there...
Once you’re done, you could drop by & jump on mine?

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
You know that they make specific top post to side terminal adapters,right. Personally I like the DT batteries
oh yea i knew that . this way i didnt have to cut my side connections off , just use the adapter to top post . i can use both side and top batteries with this set up and keep my original
cables which are in good condition

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size

wow !!!!! very nice sir . love everything about it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76