What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
Send some pictures after you get the paper peeled off. I’d like to see that fender painted something other than the middle body color.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to paint the fender all green, but I think i like the two tone better.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Has a 70's vibe to it, I like it. Is there going to be any pinstripes or something to outline the two-tone?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to paint the fender all green, but I think i like the two tone better.
I know its not period correct but i would have continued the same 2 tone across the fenders. I also think the body trim would set off the two colors nicely

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I was thinking of a 3/16" black pinstripe. Thoughts?

Hmm. Personally, I'd maybe use a black/silver combo stripe to kind of mimick the stock trim. A variety of widths would work in my mind.

I think a simple black stripe could work as well, especially if the interior is black. With a tan interior, a shade of gold or maybe even a shade of yellow could work.

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
Hmm. Personally, I'd maybe use a black/silver combo stripe to kind of mimick the stock trim. A variety of widths would work in my mind.

I think a simple black stripe could work as well, especially if the interior is black. With a tan interior, a shade of gold or maybe even a shade of yellow could work.

It does have a tan interior... I didn't think of gold or yellow... :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Finished wiring up the relay kit for the passenger door window motor on the dually. All that's left on that door is getting the interior panel back on then time to attack the rear doors.

86Apache

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Truck Year
79 , 86 , 82
Truck Model
C10's ,K20
Engine Size
250 six, 350's
Before the cold snap, Painted the tail light housings, (that the PO apparently found too difficult to remove or mask before his cheap carmine red paint job) in a bright gloss white.
Kind of an experiment to see if the white is any brighter than the factory silver.

As soon as we get back up to just darn cold, instead this freaking freezing, I will update with my opinion on the white.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I picked up my driveshaft yesterday for my 85 Silverado I put a th 400 transmission behind my new 350 this transmission came out of a mid 60’s GTO had to use an adapter (so much for keeping her original) anyway we will see. Well it didn’t fit, my father in law always told me to measure twice and cut once. I will try and post a short video to explain. Today it’s back to the machine shop, can’t find the video drive shaft is 2” too long, to be continued.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
This past weekend I did new headlights and misc bulbs (all the lights finally work!), coolant flush (ugly), new radiator and cap (radiator was cracked in a couple places), and thermostat.
I also tore out the driver's side inner door panel to start figuring out why I don't have power windows or locks. Turns out I've got the voltage to the switches, so I ordered new switches (they were really corroded, one didn't work at all, and one was physically broken). New air filter, etc.
I also ordered a new battery holder and a r/f inner fender.
Hopefully this weekend I can do those two things, along with manual lock hubs, bearings, input seals, and front u-joints.
I've never seen ujoints that looked this bad before. They should be super fun to get out (any advice appreciated....haha...)
It's amazing what 15yrs of sitting in the side shed of a barn will do.
I wouldn't be doing any of this without a solid frame and almost no body rust.

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
fixed the #@$%!!*&%## out of the wiring for the window. it's now in pieces in the driveway, back yard, on the roof.....the drivers window is the bane of my existence. cant figure out why the window is jumping out of the track.
did get the new grill installed. need to tack up some additional tabs for the bottom anchor points but it looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef