What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Finally received and installed my carpeting. I ordered from Classic Industries and it had been on backorder for three weeks. Very happy as I was concerned that the "charcoal" color wouldn't match. Now I just need to stay patient as my hood is being repainted, color sanded and cleared.

It's hard to believe you without pictures.......

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah, pics would be nice. :D

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
New carpet. Interior finally done...

It's hard to believe you without pictures.......
Yeah...I know. I will have to figure out a way to attach the pics as I have exceeded my limit...Dooh!

Plane Dr.

Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C1500
Engine Size
Removed the 60's car seat and installed a stock seat. Much more better now. Now to convince the wife that I need to spend $500 on getting it reupholstered.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I learned a bit about spark plug gap over the weekend. I had cleaned and re-gapped my plugs to .032 or so at the encouragement of a family member when I did a little tune-up. Afterwards I picked up a significant sputter at low RPM, especially when cold. It got pretty annoying, especially because it did not do this before.

So over the weekend I pulled and re-gapped the plugs again, this time to .040. What a difference. It runs smooth as butter cold or hot all through the power band. Much much better!

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This is a "fixin' to do" project: I'm collecting parts to rebuild my C10's front suspension and steering, converting to HD brakes (thicker rotors), and installing Western Chassis dropped spindles. Just got all my Moog parts, and they are actually made in the USA! Not sure what I will use for springs, but probably something close to stock standard duty.

After I see where the front sits, I'll install hangers in the back and add shackles if I need to. The truck has a 1-3/4" rake as it sits now, and I want to keep a slight rake in it.

The front end is rusty and greasy, so I plan to bead blast the A-arms and backing plates, clean the frame as much as possible, and paint everything with Rust-o-leum. Wishing I would have done that when the engine was out. But I was in a hurry and it started off as a budget project. It's now a "budget out the window" project.

Last edited:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've replaced the partially triangular tires with round ones, the carrier bearing, both gas tanks, added dog dishes, put in an Eddie Bauer interior, I had the windshield replaced, new gauge package from LMC (New Vintage instruments), put in a box of course, carpet and insulation, replaced both rear brake cylinders, replaced the brake master cylinder, power door locks, power windows, dual batteries, I painted the bed with liner, replaced the water pump, rebuilt the Carter AFB, put in roller lifters, new heads because I kinda broke the old ones, aux lights in the bed and rear bumper, put in a blue tooth stereo, I've got a high output alternator, an aux fuse box, new steering wheel, fixed the a/c, turn signals, the wipers and the horn connections.
But, other than that, what have you done? :)

AustinDube

1976 Chevy K10 Custom Deluxe
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Did my rear main seal, also installed a new melling oil pump and oil pan gasket, put some fresh oil in er, about to go over my whole motor when i get my tax refund gonna buy edelbrock carb, intake manifold, air cleaner, distributor, wires, spark plugs. WANT HER TO RUN LIKE A TOP :popcorn:

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
But, other than that, what have you done? :)

Well, I did rivet part of a beer can to the tailgate.

picture.php

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I had a long talk today with the '77 C20 aka"Babe the Blue Ox" about the plans for this year and what she is willing to do that will help.
Moved her around a bit so she can get a better look at her options. (There are three engines in my garage that aren't doing anything.)
Babe says it's about her transmission and my bank account..... hrmph.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Finally got around to doing an oil change. Pulled 5.5 qts out and put 7 back in lol. Gotta love them leaky oil pan gaskets.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
UN-MSD'd the truck last week, because normal plug wires are a third the price of MSD-happy wires. And frankly, there was no difference when I put the box on two years ago, and no difference when I took the box off.

Today I took the poly motor mounts out because there is a vibration in the motor around cruising speed, and I can't stand it any more. Poly everything. The mounts have to go. Apparently I ain't young anymore.

Also did an oil change - half liter of Lucas ZDDP and 4.5L of Shell Rotella T Diesel 15W40.

Plane Dr.

Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C1500
Engine Size
Since I start my new jobby job on Monday I was busy last week.

First I got rid of the seat I hated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Put in a stock seat I scored for $40.

Got rid of the ground scraping long tube headers and 3" cobbled together leaky exhaust,

Installed mid-length Headman Hedders and 2.5", dumps at the axle because of the 4 link.

Installed a new headliner made out of a flag I had with me in DS.

And used it as an actual truck hauling a bunch of broken appliances to the dump.

Now I need to find that oil leak, looks like the plate for the fuel pump.
(those aren't oil stains from me. From the previous tenants POS dodge truck and ratty ass Taurus.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes