What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Today, I finished installing new speakers. 4x10's in the back and 3.5 inch up front. Kicker brand all around. Man, does it sound better! I have long tube headers with glasspacks, and the new speakers will drown out the exhaust. I just need to get a subwoofer sometime down the road.

Tyson_D

Reaction score
First Name
Tyson
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just picked up a '83 K10 with a 305 last week so I spent the last couple of days doing a little research. First thing I'm gonna tackle is changing all the fluids and then the high idle issue it seems to have.
You must be registered for see images attach

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just picked up a '83 K10 with a 305 last week so I spent the last couple of days doing a little research. First thing I'm gonna tackle is changing all the fluids and then the high idle issue it seems to have.

I like the patina

curtis_rak

Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 High Sierra
Engine Size
305ci
Nice truck Tyson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyson_D

Reaction score
First Name
Tyson
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I hope the high idle isn't much of an issue. Sometimes sellers bring the idle up to hide bigger issues.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My truck may be in winter storage, but I am still trying to get some things moving.

I sent the factory tach I have to a guy in Louisiana to hopefully get fixed. When that comes back I plan to finally get the tach cluster all set and ready to go in the truck in the spring.

For a while now I have been wanting to go EFI. Right now I am trying to figure out if I want to go TPI or convert a dual plane carb intake to MPFI. That will be a thread for the EFI swap section.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My truck may be in winter storage, but I am still trying to get some things moving.

I sent the factory tach I have to a guy in Louisiana to hopefully get fixed. When that comes back I plan to finally get the tach cluster all set and ready to go in the truck in the spring.

For a while now I have been wanting to go EFI. Right now I am trying to figure out if I want to go TPI or convert a dual plane carb intake to MPFI. That will be a thread for the EFI swap section.

In your research, have you come across any reviews of the FAST EZ-efi 2.0 setup for the TPI? Just wondering. I'd like to convert my Camaro's TPI and I have no desire to learn to tune something myself. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about it on thirdgen.org.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
In your research, have you come across any reviews of the FAST EZ-efi 2.0 setup for the TPI? Just wondering. I'd like to convert my Camaro's TPI and I have no desire to learn to tune something myself. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about it on thirdgen.org.

Not really, no. I have read many reviews about their 2.0 to convert from a carb, but not the operating system to replace the one controlling your TPI. All the reviews I have read about the throttle body type seem to be really positive, so I don't see why the MPFI control system would be any different.

IMO, you simply don't see many people using just the control system because of the cost. I quick checked out Summit's price for it... $1200!!! Most people wouldn't go that route when there are other alternatives available in the $400-$500 range that are easier to install, and give just as good results. Granted, those routes are not self-learning.

Maybe you should just sell your Camaro to me. I will take good care of it...! That TPI would be great in my SS!! :angels2:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Not really, no. I have read many reviews about their 2.0 to convert from a carb, but not the operating system to replace the one controlling your TPI. All the reviews I have read about the throttle body type seem to be really positive, so I don't see why the MPFI control system would be any different.

IMO, you simply don't see many people using just the control system because of the cost. I quick checked out Summit's price for it... $1200!!! Most people wouldn't go that route when there are other alternatives available in the $400-$500 range that are easier to install, and give just as good results. Granted, those routes are not self-learning.

Maybe you should just sell your Camaro to me. I will take good care of it...! That TPI would be great in my SS!! :angels2:

I understand the cost thing, and most third genners are cheap bastards, lol. But I've been chasing MAF gremlins as long as I've had the car (it has to be a harness issue at this point) and it's modified enough that a mail order tune works just OK, not great. In the grand scheme of things, the cost of the upgrade wouldn't add much to the total $ spent on the car. And it would be great to drive the car and have fun again!

Also, I think there is more than one great option to adding FI to your 400. Twin tbi's would be cool, and there doesn't seem to be many people going that route. There would be plenty of airflow and you would have the benefit of sourcing future replacement parts at any parts store (compared to a 4bbl replacement type).

kaferboy1

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

Started tearing my front end apart to replace the control arm bushings, ball joints, and install the drop spindles and springs. I've never messed with any of this truck stuff before, so this should be interesting.

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Put new header gaskets in no more leak...for now i have to remember to keep em tight. Put a new blower motor in i used one from a 95 suburban the motor is bigger but didn't notice that much more air coming out.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Replaced the rear diff gasket and gave it some fresh gear oil today (it was seeping out of the old gasket). Over the past few weeks, the R20 has received new radiator hoses, new thermostat, replaced the TBI intake gasket (which really cleaned up a FAST idle problem), and gave it a new temp sensor. The old girl still stumbles a bit when it's not fully warmed up so there's still room for improvement but she's getting there.

My wife's Rainier just puked again though, so i guess I have to go spend time with that instead now. I swear these old squares are far more reliable - anybody else agree with that or am I nuts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus