What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Or upside down like in my subaru...

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
drove it for the first time since i brought my GLI home. fired right up after a month. ran like a champ.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Replaced my leaky rear brake lines last night. Put the first 20 miles on my new rebuilt rear-end. Putting the new muffler, tag lights, and new door locks on after work.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I haven't actually done anything, but I'm planning on having my 84' regeared with 3.73s. All this around town driving with the 2200 stall and 3.08s is just murdering my gas mileage and power, and I never take the truck on the freeway any further than 10 miles or so, and even that is rare.

mrnapolean1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
'87
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3 V6
Wired the radio to use both run and acc modes from the ignition switch.

My truck never had a factory installed radio. It had been rigged with one.

mrnapolean1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
'87
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3 V6
old water temp gauge wasnt working (never has), i went and got a new one... i was gonna try and fix the old one too but i ran over when i went to the gas station lol

You must be registered for see images attach

oh i hooked up the volt meter last night, ran wires to the fuse block and ground by the brake assembly ... its reading kinda low, even with the motor on it was floating around 12, is there a better spot to hook it up? should be 14.5 running, the fuse panel should show that right?

I have the same ****** sunpro gauges in mine too. Mine reads low also.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Realized that my timing is retarded by an overall of 10* lol. Time to restab and redo the timing tomorrow LOL.

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
adjusted the timing today......

I borrowed a timing light from a buddy. It's like 40 years old and a cheapo from sears. Long story short.. It took a crap on me right after I loosened the distributor adjustment bolt. :emotions122: So I went old school and used my vacuum guage. Advanced the timing till it read 20 psi (was reading 15 psi before). Adjusted the idle then adjusted the air/fuel mixture screws on the Eddy carb.

Engine is running MUCH butter. Perfect!!

...Except now it's really really hard to start without the choke engaged. TOO advanced?? Won't know till I find a good timing light. At least the weather is nice now so I can ride my motorcycle if the truck won't start :headbang:

Last edited:

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
Realized that my timing is retarded by an overall of 10* lol. Time to restab and redo the timing tomorrow LOL.

Wow, surprised the motor would run with the timing like that

Just goes to show that these motors want to run no matter how bad of shape they're in

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
adjusted the timing today......

I borrowed a timing light from a buddy. It's like 40 years old and a cheapo from sears. Long story short.. It took a crap on me right after I loosened the distributor adjustment bolt. :emotions122: So I went old school and used my vacuum guage. Advanced the timing till it read 20 psi (was reading 15 psi before). Adjusted the idle then adjusted the air/fuel mixture screws on the Eddy carb.

Engine is running MUCH butter. Perfect!!

...Except now it's really really hard to start without the choke engaged. TOO advanced?? Won't know till I find a good timing light. At least the weather is nice now so I can ride my motorcycle if the truck won't start :headbang:

I have a 40 year old Sears timing light as well, it works great still. Check the pins where the wires plug into the gun, I had one of those pins come out of place several years ago (just needed disassembled and put back in place).

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
My son and I took the old brushguard off of the truck the other day. I made a pattern and sent it on to Shawn. We put the one that he bought from Andy on the truck yesterday. It fits and looks really good.

Since we were out in the garage, I decided to check through the bottom of my old tool box. It had been a LONG time since I looked in there. I am talking years here folks.:)

I dug around the bottom of my old tool box and started pulling out used/new parts that I didn't know I had. I found a new heater resistor , still in the factory GM box with my name on it. So I must have ordered it.:shrug: I didn't know I had it. All I know is that it needs replaced.

I also found a couple of brand new tow hooks. They were still in their packaging!:party36: Did I mention they were chrome? My son put them on the brushguard.:) It was like Christmas!:)

I found a spare mirror for the windshield. I found a new water temp gauge for the dash. At least it looks new. I found a side marker light also.

We also started the truck for the first time in about three weeks. I had put the battery charger on it for a little while. It started up just fine. :)

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
I fixed my exhaust from my tire blowing up on freeway. I also hard another tire seperate but didnt blow up on me. Discount tire cant get me the same tire so im switching to good year wrangler mtr tires of the same size. I likem they look killer and are a little bigger then the same size km2.
I also put some big bump stops on my front end to help keep from hitting the pitman arm.

cfieldchevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Changed fuel filter. Pulled tractor out of mud.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Took her out for a couple of trips out on the freeway to blow the cobwebs out and run errands.

Got a compliment as I was about to leave Home Depot. Amazing how many people love these old squares...

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears

got these off ebay today should help my buckseat conversion go smoothly