What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I will be doing this soon! Not too bad is it?

My thoughts exactly! Just waiting out the storm! Should be happening this week!

Actually it was incredibly easy. I pulled the gauge bezel last week along with the dash pad (and the two vents attached to it), then just dropped the glovebox door and the rest all came out no problem! I tried using the dishwasher to clean the ducts and it did OK, but they still needed to be wiped. Unfortunately it also removed all the chrome from my vents - so that sucked. I would recommend that you use the shower to wash the ducts, then use 409 and paper towels to finish it. That worked really well for me. Some of the ducts split in two - that helps cleaning immensely. I'm also re-sealing all the ducts with that foam tape stuff to increase the output pressure - I'll post pics of what I have done.

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
Actually it was incredibly easy. I pulled the gauge bezel last week along with the dash pad (and the two vents attached to it), then just dropped the glovebox door and the rest all came out no problem! I tried using the dishwasher to clean the ducts and it did OK, but they still needed to be wiped. Unfortunately it also removed all the chrome from my vents - so that sucked. I would recommend that you use the shower to wash the ducts, then use 409 and paper towels to finish it. That worked really well for me. Some of the ducts split in two - that helps cleaning immensely. I'm also re-sealing all the ducts with that foam tape stuff to increase the output pressure - I'll post pics of what I have done.

Heck yea! Some pics would be good. I have no idea how long my truck sat before I got it and I'm gonna be going thru all of it

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Since I had everything out of the dash anyway I decided to pull the radio and see if I could clean it up a bit. Damn that thing was NASTY. Hopefully a good soaking in contact cleaner will help it work a bit better - who knows maybe the digital readout will actually work fully now.

JRandle - I posted a thread about my cleaning experience in the Interior/AC section. Here is a link with LOTS of pics:

Cleaning A/C Ducts

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Just got the windshield seal replaced. Went with the chrome lock strip - looks nice but the installer said it wont last long. He was not impressed with the LMC seal either... He did hook me up with a rearview mirror though - so thats nice!

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
drove it. for the first time in almost 3 weeks. ran like a champ.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Finally got around to replacing a power lock switch. Since an idiot PO decided to remove all of the power accessories in the front doors, I'm slowly trying to put it back together. Why would you ever just remove the power lock switches? Why? THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

That's a nice looking plate and unlock button arrangement you've got now. I have considered swapping the electric windows over to manual as they've gotten older and slower, but wondered how the door might look when I pulled the main window switch. Don't know that I'll do it, but this looks classy at least.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
That's a nice looking plate and unlock button arrangement you've got now. I have considered swapping the electric windows over to manual as they've gotten older and slower, but wondered how the door might look when I pulled the main window switch. Don't know that I'll do it, but this looks classy at least.

Yea those plates were one thing the PO did right. They are solid stainless too - when I went to cut the hole for the new power lock switch it took a hell of a long time! They made trim panels for the doors as well as the dash, it must have taken some time and effort to do!

In other news I got the radio back in along with some new Jensen JRX235s up front in the dash. OK sound with the crappy wiring for now, its just too bad the radio seems to be screwy - it cuts in and out and the cassette deck does not work at all. Hey at least I got the digital display fully working again!

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Mines sitting feeling neglected now that I got my monte running....

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Anyone use bedliner in the cab???
Pros???
Cons???
What did you use???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Fixing to send mine to the shop to get the wiring done... I'm in over my head and don't want to chop it to **** messing it up... and hope like hell it doesn't cost me more than $800.00... it would be nice to drive it finally

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

boostdtalon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-20
Engine Size
5.7L
After 5 hours of removing the old stereo, equalizer, and door speakers. I finally got my new stereo and speakers installed. Rear speakers need to have new wiring ran so that is on hold for another day. Also swapped out my tail gate with a working one I got with the truck. Now my truck is three colors.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

boostdtalon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Here is the new head unit.

Attachments

• WP_20140626_004.jpg
    WP_20140626_004.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 107

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Just turned over to 200,000 miles.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

Didn't cut the floor cause I like the extra leg room:) I'll get a tilt column and be done. Tall guys this is a must do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85