What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BWM

MD8 TH700R4 4L60

Buick 92-93 8-350 (5.7L), S.W.

Chev Pass. 92-93 8-350 (5.7L), S.W.

Olds 92 8-350 (5.7L)

Cool, so what code did you use for this info? The MD8 or the BWM? And what kind of book? I've got a list of codes in the back of a ATSG manual. So this is actually coming back to a Passenger Car transmission? Which in this case doesn't matter so long as it's V8 and does appear to be all 350 5.7's.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So that's probably where all the 93 700r4's are used in, is the Buicks and Chevrolet Passenger Cars. So would be like the Buick Roadmasters, Chevrolet Caprice etc? F bodies which include the Camaro were 4L60-E in 93 right?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Got 1 cubic yard of enriched topsoil and 1/2 cubic yard of high grade compost from the bulkyard. Next on the agenda is to change the gear oil in differential since it is probably 33 years old. But the gear oil needs to wait until I finish my Home Depot run tomorrow morning.

jeffro308

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
1-Tonified
Engine Size
HT383/4L80E/Black-Box/NP205/D60/14BFF
I mounted my new transmission oil cooler today. I was careful to allow clearance for the hood safety catch. Also, I didn't care for the hoses situated at the top of the cooler. I understand that it's to keep oil in the cooler so you don't push an air pocket into the transmission. In order to prevent air from migrating into the cooler core with the ports at the bottom I'm installing a check valve with 5 psi cracking pressure on the outlet side.

Now if I could figure out where to put my 24 inch long power steering cooler. The places it would fit best are too low and unprotected for a mudder.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Don't let your friend drop it on you
**** hurts

It also doesn't feel good having a hood closed and fully latch when your hand is under it.

It hurts when you drop it on yourself too. You're not a stud until you can't remove and replace your own hood by yourself. Done it several times. It can be done. However, if I had a nice paint job, I don't think I'd risk it by myself.

It just takes the right technique, I'm a skinny guy and I remove/install hoods by myself all the time. But you're right, you are definitely walking a very thin line if you do it with good paint. There's usually no scratches afterward if you are careful, but it sure is risky.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
I know off subject but... Happy father's day to all you guys... I'm so proud we're passing on the joys and passions for these old squares... my son said "I never knew it was cool to be so square... lol" gotta love the little **** and his word play... lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jeffro308

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
1-Tonified
Engine Size
HT383/4L80E/Black-Box/NP205/D60/14BFF
I cleaned up my engine oil cooler adapter and installed it onto the engine. I installed new Dorman cooler lines. The upper one would not fit on the adapter or the cooler. I figure it's made in China and today is my day to get some useless Chinese junk. I ordered an AC Delco. I've never had a problem with Mexican stuff.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I cleaned up my engine oil cooler adapter and installed it onto the engine. I installed new Dorman cooler lines. The upper one would not fit on the adapter or the cooler. I figure it's made in China and today is my day to get some useless Chinese junk. I ordered an AC Delco. I've never had a problem with Mexican stuff.

A lot of the ACDelco I've purchased recently has been China made, but looking them over, they still appear to be of good quality. All depends on what kind of quality/QC the companies are willing to pay for.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It also doesn't feel good having a hood closed and fully latch when your hand is under it.

It just takes the right technique, I'm a skinny guy and I remove/install hoods by myself all the time. But you're right, you are definitely walking a very thin line if you do it with good paint. There's usually no scratches afterward if you are careful, but it sure is risky.

Right, I've done no damage either, but I wouldn't risk new or nice paint.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Fun times this weekend: installed a new compressor, accumulator, and expansion tube (noted that I installed the prior one backwards 5 years ago when I did this the last time), pumped it down, filled it with R134 and then ... achieved "luke cold."

So today, installed two valves around the heater core to bring it in and out of the cooling loop whenever I like. The air is colder now.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Went from this...

You must be registered for see images attach

To this...

You must be registered for see images attach

My back is telling me I might have pushed a little to hard today right now though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kparris