What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Does blowing up the transmission count?
Apparently there were more problems in the transmission then just a bound up governor. Took the truck up on the freeway and the trans went South on me. Had to limp it home in first gear at 5 MPH.

What trans is in it??? Did you try to shift it manually? Did you try to get the RPMs way up high in 1st, then let off the gas and put it in D? If so, that's a way to skip 2nd gear if you trashed the outer intermediate race and roller clutch. At least gets you home in 3rd gear. That's if it's a Th350.

BADAZ chevy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What trans is in it??? Did you try to shift it manually? Did you try to get the RPMs way up high in 1st, then let off the gas and put it in D? If so, that's a way to skip 2nd gear if you trashed the outer intermediate race and roller clutch. At least gets you home in 3rd gear. That's if it's a Th350.

It WAS a 350. lol
I tried to get it to pull in any gear, but it would only go in 1st. I got it home, but I'm pretty sure it's toast.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It WAS a 350. lol
I tried to get it to pull in any gear, but it would only go in 1st. I got it home, but I'm pretty sure it's toast.

yep, sounds like it.
It doesn't matter really since no matter what, it has to come out and be built. If you have 1st and Reverse and nothing else, then you lost your direct clutch pack.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Sitting at the repair shop to have my A/C checked
After tons if $$$$
It blows hot air again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Finally got started on stripping paint and rust from the inner bed panels this past week so I can get it reassembled and back on the truck.

My deadline is fast approaching... I would really like to have 'er road legal before the baby gets here.

1984K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 (350CID)
Fuel tank selector valve shipped today. Hopefully the tanks and straps will ship tomorrow

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Pulled the hood for access and had the ignition module tested and tested and installed the ignition coil. Spent a lot of time on the interwebz figuring out if I need a new distributor and where I could get a set of leads for my multimeter since the ones I had disappeared. Still not squirting fuel, need to put the coil back on the engine and bolt it down.

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
put new shocks on, and found out i need to rebuild the front driveline. yay..... now to fix the front output seal on the tcase, new ujoints, and the slipyoke has LOTS of play. i hope i can salvage it.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Hauled a cubic yard of topsoil for the backyard, and stopped by home depot on the way home from the bulkyard for another load retaining wall block.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
I think i offended a guy on the FB group for local car traders, had a 84 LB 2wd for $1900 Silverado i think... Thing had great paint and said decent interior, in the right color for a donor truck.

I mentioned wanting more pics to see if it would make a good donor truck lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think i offended a guy on the FB group for local car traders, had a 84 LB 2wd for $1900 Silverado i think... Thing had great paint and said decent interior, in the right color for a donor truck.

I mentioned wanting more pics to see if it would make a good donor truck lol

:rofl: He'll just have to get over it. Some of those guys on FB, OMG !!! :baby: :crazy:

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
The car group isn't as catty as the Oklahoma Gun Trader groups on Facebook, though i did message a kid in Enid telling him he should ask more for his .45 LC Ruger Blackhawk.

Back on topic... plans for this weekend go find a small wirefeed welder order floorpan parts and try my hand at wire feed welding, i figure on the floorpan if it looks like ass it will be hidden by carpeting.

t1xj

Reaction score
First Name
t
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Biggest pain I've encountered swapping a harness is getting the wiring off the starter. Thats a pain to simultaneously hold the starter up with one hand while trying to take a small nut off to get one wire off the solenoid. There is one bolt on the fuseblock holding the engine/light harnesses on, some clips and what not. It's not too bad a job. On trucks as old as ours the harness should probably be removed and R&R'd anyway.

Have you tried car-part.com? There are a few on there for trucks from 1985-87.

I forgot all about that website, I'll have to check that out. I have emailed a couple people parting out trucks on craigslist but haven't received anything back yet. I'm actually on my way to my parents house where the truck is now, only 300 miles to go. I'll take a better look tomorrow and take pictures of everything and anything to assess. Maybe I'll start a build/progress thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1984K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 (350CID)
Started switching the fuel tank selector valve yesterday. Pain in the ass lol. If y'all ever have to switch it, I recommend taking the cab off if y'all can because otherwise you only have like an inch and a half of space to take off the bolts holding it to the frame. On mine most of the clamps for the hoses were facing up too so it was hard to be able to fit a pair of pliers in that little space. Two of the connections for the hoses on the new valve were too wide too but I got some new hose to fit it so I'll be finishing it today hopefully

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I did lift the bed on mine to replace some hoses. It's almost like doing open heart surgery with all those hoses in a tight place like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man