What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:lol:

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

82k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jerry barnard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350 modified
finally got a new oil pan put on so no more oil puddles

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
swore at my cargo lamp.. drank beer cause the window guy that came to install the new windshield ripped the new rubber and now it will be another week before he can get another one. picked up a pair of new headlights to go in, dug out a rebuilt alternator that i had rebuilt a while back. It's going into this truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Started driving it daily, spent a couple hours trying to figure out where the vampuric battery drain was coming from.

Did you find the drain yet? How do you intend to do that? Are you aware of the test light method and pulling fuses to nail down the circuit? Then when find the circuit, if you want, you can pull that fuse until you do find the problem.

Cowboy Cadillac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I put ammeter onto battery with a buddy and went circuit by circuit removing them until drain ceased. Turned out to be my cb radio, amp and p.a speaker. Somehow it was left on and was firing up the amp to the p.a.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I put ammeter onto battery with a buddy and went circuit by circuit removing them until drain ceased. Turned out to be my cb radio, amp and p.a speaker. Somehow it was left on and was firing up the amp to the p.a.

That works too. :waytogo: Glad you figured it out. An amp will certainly drain a battery. The CB itself probably wouldn't just overnight, but the amp will do it in just a few hours.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Lately its set in the yard but i did replace the Coil the other day, couple weeks ago did the weekly startup to keep the fluids moving and it sputtered coughed and died.... have been busy had some free time so thought i'd look at it..... so behind the seat to my trusty chevrolet owner's must have kit (Rotor, Module and Coil) so pop the cap (three easy screws one nasty one) check and replace rotor... no spark, replace module ... no spark.... bypass the ESC... no spark, so finally pull the easiest to get to the top of the cap.... the coil had crapped out its guts.

Which is good, the ESC controller is $60 plus core, which i may order one and use my old dead brain for the core just to have a spare.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
New window seal (the scraper one) installed on the fronts. Should have done it a long time ago!

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
I had a mean accel bog. Mech fuel pump was leaking thought it might be why so put a electric pump on. Didnt fix it. Said ok lets rebuild carb did it still craps out. Sh..t ok start pulling plugs got to #3 plugs good but header burnt it up under the heat sleave.. replaced wire runs like a champ again . But found check ball from carb on floor so tore it apart again put it in runs better then before ..oh yah accel plunger was torn. It had black plastic from pick up sock from old tank and two inches of the air cleaner top gasket that got pinched of stuck in the top of the secondary butterfly. So glad o figured it out . I tend to just start replacing things without really finding the issue first. Its spendy but 3/4 of the trucks new by now lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had a mean accel bog. Mech fuel pump was leaking thought it might be why so put a electric pump on. Didnt fix it. Said ok lets rebuild carb did it still craps out. Sh..t ok start pulling plugs got to #3 plugs good but header burnt it up under the heat sleave.. replaced wire runs like a champ again . But found check ball from carb on floor so tore it apart again put it in runs better then before ..oh yah accel plunger was torn. It had black plastic from pick up sock from old tank and two inches of the air cleaner top gasket that got pinched of stuck in the top of the secondary butterfly. So glad o figured it out . I tend to just start replacing things without really finding the issue first. Its spendy but 3/4 of the trucks new by now lol

At least the **** you replaced was somewhat in relation to the problem. :waytogo: Most parts changers start with replacing muffler clamps for a slight engine miss and as you said, the truck is new by the time they figure out it had a plug wire burnt from hitting a header pipe. :rofl:

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I let the C30 run for a while today and took her for a spin around the block.

The CC I look at it and curse at it, and went back into the house. LOL

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I let the C30 run for a while today and took her for a spin around the block.

The CC I look at it and curse at it, and went back into the house. LOL

Frank! You're alive!

I understand how you feel about the Crew, been there, done that, lol. What's giving you fits on it these days?

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Frank! You're alive!

I understand how you feel about the Crew, been there, done that, lol. What's giving you fits on it these days?

We haven't figure out why the rear brakes don't get any brake fluid, after replacing the proportioning valve.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
We haven't figure out why the rear brakes don't get any brake fluid, after replacing the proportioning valve.

Does it have a rear load sensing valve? Look at the diff and see if it has a small arm connected to what looks like a prop valve with brake lines running to it. I'll bet if it has one, it's failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey