What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Removed the old leaky oil pan gasket and replaced it with a one piece fel-pro. Pan got a new coat of primer and paint too.

Attempting to readjust the speedometer at the moment. Magnets in the original speedometer (with a perfectly working odometer) were worn out and couldn't get the needle above 35 mph. Picked up a used speedometer a while ago that worked flawlessly other the broken odometer. Sat relatively 7-8 mph lower than actual speed. Running 33x11.5 R15.

Finally got around to trying to mesh the two together (original odometer and face plate with the new speedometer needle & magnets). Speedometer reads out 45mph while driving at 70mph.

Anyone have a clue as to what I may have messed up while meshing the two together?

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Forget the speedo, just get a gps.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Forget the speedo, just get a gps.

That's how I figured out how much the speedometer is off now.

Besides, how many people go around looking to steal a speedometer over a gps?

82k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jerry barnard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350 modified
cleaned out the k5 and did a complete tune up i also found some cheyenne emblems in the floor console they have orange paint in the ring around cheyenne any idea what year they go to

79azc10

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
slapped on two new
Tires with my new to me junk yard 15c
X 8 rally wheel

79azc10

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Bought a new coolant temp sensor. Still got to change it out.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Took the seat out of the C20 today. Took the redneck blocks out of it at all 4 corners, blew out all the trash out of the carpet and put the seat back in and cut all the cords for the ****** seat cover then reinstalled it. It sits much better. Much easier to get in and out for me too.

Then my daughter took it for a drive.....

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Took the seat out of the C20 today. Took the redneck blocks out of it at all 4 corners, blew out all the trash out of the carpet and put the seat back in and cut all the cords for the ****** seat cover then reinstalled it. It sits much better. Much easier to get in and out for me too.

Then my daughter took it for a drive.....

When she took it for a drive was there a certain payload from another vehicle in it? :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Re-shimmed my starter, and replaced my harmonic balancer. The balancer fixed the rhythmic vibration I had around 2200-2400rpm, which is where I spend most of my time to and from work...I'm sure my bearings are happier now too.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Dropped my daughter off at work with it

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
When she took it for a drive was there a certain payload from another vehicle in it? :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

NO, I took the wooden block spacers out of the seat that the PO rednecked into the seat. The seat was jacking with my back getting in and out of the truck. The seat belt buckles were a bitch too. That's all better now.

I was going to update the thread on this truck, my daughter only went 3 block ways. On the way back it shut off and stalled. She was able to coast into the culdesac. I finally go it to start again, but again it soon loaded up and heavy black smoke. Seems the carb is going to need to come apart.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
NO, I took the wooden block spacers out of the seat that the PO rednecked into the seat. The seat was jacking with my back getting in and out of the truck. The seat belt buckles were a bitch too. That's all better now.

I was going to update the thread on this truck, my daughter only went 3 block ways. On the way back it shut off and stalled. She was able to coast into the culdesac. I finally go it to start again, but again it soon loaded up and heavy black smoke. Seems the carb is going to need to come apart.

Doh!!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
cleaned out the k5 and did a complete tune up i also found some cheyenne emblems in the floor console they have orange paint in the ring around cheyenne any idea what year they go to

The metal emblems? Those are rear bedside emblems for a 70's K5, I think '77 was the last year for them. After that, the Silverado trim was available for K5's and they got a Silverado bedside emblem that went though '88 probably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmf225