What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
When mine was doing that it was the upper shock stud. It had come loose an was banging around. That's why you see so many squares with those holes wollered out....

Put some lockumtight on there if that's what it is. Mine even had a locking nut but still worked loose.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check them out all the way around. I do want to replace the front shocks. This clunk feels like it is in the steering somewhere though.

Drove mine all over the place this past weekend. Even up to king of prussia and lancaster pennsylvania. Put about 150 miles on it in 2 days. Now I'm using it to move all my stuff to my new place in oxford.

Did you throw a wave out the window to me?

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Thanks for the words on the Line-X guys, I'm lovin it!

Found a set of these in the center console of a junk yard Custom Deluxe Bonus Cab... Cant believe these things were in there!

You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up some other goodies too, but I thought that was pretty cool!

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Mines on the 2-post at school, im changing out front axles so i have 4x4 this winter, last year i didnt have it. And i have yet to actually use it since i got the truck.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Did you throw a wave out the window to me?

No, I thought of you and looked behind all the gay bars but you were nowhere to be found!

I did see a burb just like yours, except with the red pinstripe. It was for sale, might snap a pic later.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Haven't been driving my square as much lately, and when I went to start it today, I got a few sluggish cranks and then the dreaded "click-click-click". So, whipped out the meter, and my batter was at 11.34 volts. Uh oh...

Long story short, I'm a ******* and accidentally had my add-a-fuse for my tach plugged into a fuse slot that is constantly hot, so my tach was on all the time. That pulled about 90 milliamps non-stop, which, along with the cold snap we recently had, was enough to drain the battery over the last week or two. The good news is, since it just plugs into a fuse slot, I just had to move it to a fuse slot that gets power when the ignition is on, and voila, fixed...

Now, I just have to manage to plug the connector for my clock back in all the way behind the cluster, completely blind, since I unplugged it while I was tracking down the parasitic drain. :D

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Yea, i should track down my battery drain also, even tho its 1050 CA, unless i start it about every 1-2weeks, she dont like me. I know my radio pulls for memory, but i cant think of anything else.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I used one of those solar panel things on my last boat when I didn't have a place to plug it in when it was parked in the trailer. They work pretty good for battery tending.

WastedWages

Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
ordered a new clutch pedal return spring and speedo cable to install when I get home from Africa next week

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
I think they sell those solar tenders at farm/ranch supply stores also. One of these days I'll rig up a system that will run my interior lights on a horse trailer from a marine battery box, that way when using the trailer when parked we can if needed use the lights on the tack room or on the side.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I got to start tracing a short in my door locks. I thought it was the switches but it is not. :(

Front doors work fine but the 3 rear doors short out on unlock position and won't unlock all the way. And this happens randomly. :help:

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
I had to put a new alt in had it under warranty the front bearing s were shot sloping all around.. ive got the new speedo cable in works but its 5 mph off plugged right in to tcase no reduction box had dicks speedo make it while I waited $50 not bad price I thought..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My son drive my K1500 everyday that he was here for Thanksgiving break. I got to drive it today cuz my roll back sat on the side of the interstate with 2 flat rear tires. What a fuggin day !!! :flipthebird:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alysco