What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
ok, so I'll need to grab an 87 tank or inline fuel pump. And 350 injectors and ECU. My dad looked at it and said it was a lot worse than even I had thought, I figured I lost compression in 1 or more cylinders as it sounded like a couple cylinders were pushing air and not firing, but he said it's worse than that and that we'll have to get the motor in his garage built to replace this one, it runs, but barely...starts right up and idles which is new, normally I'd have to play with the pedal, but sounds horrible, either way he is sure it won't make it 10 miles down the road before being dead completely.

You can get by with just the EPROM chip from a 350 and keep the 305 ECM (7747) if you have it.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I bet it gets out and scoots pretty good too.

It does OK for a little 800. I got my hood installed and the brown Santa brought me some bling for the front end.

Attachments

• Img_0245.jpg
    Img_0245.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Img_0248.jpg
    Img_0248.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 85

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally, got this rig to where it can be run and drove.
New switching valve and hoses, rewired for the motoring valve and fuel gauge.
Made the Mico Brake lock so it is functional, Thats what the big bright red light is all about. So I dont forget to disengage the thing. :driver:
Repainted the dash, cleaned the gauges and components.
New speedo cable, the old one had a fried spot init. Now2, I need those little drive couplers that fits inside the ends of the right angle speedo adapter.
Got the key/ steering lock functional.
Removed old indian blanket seat cover, it was torn and rotted to crap.
I guess thats about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd like to get a Mico Brake lock for all my trucks. They work well for hidden switches too so thieves can't jack your ****.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Got, I think it's the last of the rotted tires off the K1500. I've only been driving it on surface streets around town since that last blow out that trashed the driver side bedside. Now the passenger side went flat. I've aired it up 3x now, it holds air almost overnight but flat again by morning. So I put another one of the aluminum wheels off the 85 K10 on it. Those seem to be holding up OK. The last one is also the same as the bad 3, but it's been replaced in the last few years and does not appear to be dry rotted, so I'll leave that one on until I get a new complete matching set and keep that one for the spare.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Got some of my new transmission cooler lines bent up, after a little frustration. My tubing bender only went up to 5/16 tubing, so I couldn't use that. Ended up with a Harbor Freight cheapo, which did nothing but kink the tubing...returned that and got a refund. Then I asked if they had the one with two handles and the dies in stock...they had 3, so they rang me up while they grabbed one from the back; not. Turned out they didn't have any after all, so got another refund for that, and headed to Northern Tool, where they had to dual handled with die type in stock. That one works pretty nicely so far. Bent up part of the line and realized I wouldn't be able to install it in one piece. So now I either need to buy some unions, or just attach the two pieces with a short length of transmission hose. In all honesty, I'm at the point where I don't give two ***** if I use a little rubber hose after all. I could've saved myself a lot of grief if I had just used it to begin with!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got some of my new transmission cooler lines bent up, after a little frustration. My tubing bender only went up to 5/16 tubing, so I couldn't use that. Ended up with a Harbor Freight cheapo, which did nothing but kink the tubing...returned that and got a refund. Then I asked if they had the one with two handles and the dies in stock...they had 3, so they rang me up while they grabbed one from the back; not. Turned out they didn't have any after all, so got another refund for that, and headed to Northern Tool, where they had to dual handled with die type in stock. That one works pretty nicely so far. Bent up part of the line and realized I wouldn't be able to install it in one piece. So now I either need to buy some unions, or just attach the two pieces with a short length of transmission hose. In all honesty, I'm at the point where I don't give two ***** if I use a little rubber hose after all. I could've saved myself a lot of grief if I had just used it to begin with!
Transmission cooler lines on Mine K20 are all makeshift, the PO used regular high pressure hydraulic hose, some bulky heavy stuff, way overkill. I want to replace that with steel, like original but, I`ll wait until a pickup comes into the scrap yard, with the steel piping and rob that.
I wonder if the pipings ends are the same between a TH400 and a TH350. Mine has a 400 in it.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
transmission cooler lines on mine k20 are all makeshift, the po used regular high pressure hydraulic hose, some bulky heavy stuff, way overkill. I want to replace that with steel, like original but, i`ll wait until a pickup comes into the scrap yard, with the steel piping and rob that.
I wonder if the pipings ends are the same between a th400 and a th350. Mine has a 400 in it.
yea i think they are

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Redid the A/C in the burban today. No leaks and front and rear are ice cold now. I keep plugging away at the little things that don't work on it. Pretty soon it will be like a new truck again.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:rocking: Got the brown beast out of the garage, unloaded all the spare parts, into the shed with those, a small dose of radiator stop leak, a very small dose, an drover aroun a whoool bunch today.
After the front end rebuild, adjusting tow in, tho O~L beast handles like new, now, for a new set of shocking absorbers. :rocking:

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Ive got my fuel tank built and put in now it cost around $200 to fill up. Tool box put back filled up with all the good stuff you might never need but if u do you have it

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L

I don't see the problem....

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I don't see the problem....
Hey Mister !!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there a pwoblem over here ???????? :bowroflwerd6::happy175:

OK, not funny, I just could`nt resist that remark. thats all.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Not anymore! Lol.

The piston was toast too. Im not sure if I broke it driving the piston out or if it smashed into the crank after being shortened lol. Or both!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Was this a cylinder that had water/coolant in it? Can't compress water. That's what happens. Or, could have dropped a valve. I say not since the piston would have been broke up and the rod not be as severely damaged.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71