What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Got my doors shaved, epoxy prime, installed the pushers and door solenoids, powder coated the hinges and hung the doors back on the cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Man that looks nice... Good job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
All you need now is the passenger ejection seat. Switch 1 pop the door, Switch 2 dump the bitch out. Nail the throttle, door closes...... NEXT !?!?! Heyyy Honey.... What's your name?

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
NO doubt. I hate the fact I smoke. I hate the smell, I hate everything about smoking. Nasty ass fuggin addictive habit. I don't care if it's 30 below, if I have to smoke the windows go down and I never smoke in a vehicle with the AC running cuz it will suck the smoke in. Actually on MAX it will, not on regular AC, but anyway, I've got this broke rear slider on the truck that I kept there just so I can open the rear window to smoke while driving, and the wing glass. Nice to be able to roll the window and have a smoke now without choking and gagging.

`m with You on that one,I enjoy My smokes,I just do`nt enjoy stinking up My interiors,got to have a window down,My 93 really sucks cause it do`nt have wings,crack the window down and the smoke sucks right out,or,open the rear slider in the summertime.

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
I bought mine a little sister

$1300 and cleannnnn...

idk, does this count as doing something to your square body? lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
`m with You on that one,I enjoy My smokes,I just do`nt enjoy stinking up My interiors,got to have a window down,My 93 really sucks cause it do`nt have wings,crack the window down and the smoke sucks right out,or,open the rear slider in the summertime.

Even on my newer trucks, if you don't roll it down to far, it will still suck the smoke out. Back then, my vehicles still smelled new inside 9-18 months later when I traded them in or sold them. My mother on the other hand. OMG. You open the door to her vehicle and I about have to vomit. She smokes like a freight train with the windows up and AC or Heat blowing full blast.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I bought mine a little sister

$1300 and cleannnnn...

idk, does this count as doing something to your square body? lol

$1300 isn't bad at all. I know it's a 95 or later. Vortec by any chance?

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
$1300 isn't bad at all. I know it's a 95 or later. Vortec by any chance?

No saddly its a 94 TBI havn't pulled the rpo codes yet but everything I've read so far it should have the 4l60e. I am still on the search for something with a vortec in it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No saddly its a 94 TBI havn't pulled the rpo codes yet but everything I've read so far it should have the 4l60e. I am still on the search for something with a vortec in it.

That's OK. Nothing wrong with TBI. One of GM's most durable and reliable fuel systems. Just that the Votec is more HP with the Vortec Heads and being a Roller motor. You can rebuild the TBI for considerably less than the Vortec. And, you could always upgrade it later too.

I knew it was a 94 grill, that's the first gear for that grill. But the mirrors appear to be 95 up mirrors and are usually power mirrors. In 95, power mirrors were standard equipment but many of the early 95's had the Power Mirror Delete at the factory due to a shortage in mirrors. Kinda pissed me off. When I went to buy my first 95, the truck was hard loaded with buckets, power lumbar, which was also standard, locking diff and all that ****, but had the friggin power mirrors deleted. So I made them locate me another truck with OEM Standard Power Mirrors.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Yea you might like the TBI more because of the ****** injector thats in the Vortecs that will either miss because of starving for fuel or flood the motor.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got my doors shaved, epoxy prime, installed the pushers and door solenoids, powder coated the hinges and hung the doors back on the cab.

That's some nice work right there! I see you have the large gap between the rocker and cab corner like mine does, what's your plans for that?

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
That's OK. Nothing wrong with TBI. One of GM's most durable and reliable fuel systems. Just that the Votec is more HP with the Vortec Heads and being a Roller motor. You can rebuild the TBI for considerably less than the Vortec. And, you could always upgrade it later too.

I knew it was a 94 grill, that's the first gear for that grill. But the mirrors appear to be 95 up mirrors and are usually power mirrors. In 95, power mirrors were standard equipment but many of the early 95's had the Power Mirror Delete at the factory due to a shortage in mirrors. Kinda pissed me off. When I went to buy my first 95, the truck was hard loaded with buckets, power lumbar, which was also standard, locking diff and all that ****, but had the friggin power mirrors deleted. So I made them locate me another truck with OEM Standard Power Mirrors.

I like the TBI systems, just want the vortec for the added hp, but like you said can do an upgrade to complete vortec engine, or vortec heads which is probably what I will be doing to the 88 and pass it on to my son in 12 years. It does have power mirrors so it may have been manufactured at the end of the 94 production year. It has the SLE package so all power options.

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
just finished a little work on my 87

I don't have any pics of the work I did but over the last 2 weeks I did the following to my 87 with a 84 305 carbed engine. Dropped the oil pan and replaced the 2 piece rear main seal, new oil pump and tube and resealed the oil pan with a one piece gasket. The rear main bearing didn't look that great so I'm not sure how long this engine is going to last. Of course I did the rear main seal last so I didn't know till I had done everything else.

I put a new timing set on her because the old chain was really loose. I also upgraded to a new Edelbrock Performer intake and SMI rebuilt Quadrajet. Waterpump is recent Autozone and hoses are all new so I should be good to go for awhile. I primed the engine and then cranked her over for a couple seconds 3x and she fired right up. I can't believe how well she ran without any adjustments. She has the tiniest bog off idle and I set the timing to 6 degrees. I'm going to advance it tomm and see if it goes away. I first set the timing by eye and it was a 12 degrees and ran amazing well. I'm really impressed with the SMI carb and will be doing another post in a couple of weeks showing the difference in gas mileage from the edelbrock. It's been a busy week and a half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85