What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
watching the birds **** all over the windows and noticing a little grass growing around the tires. i have not drove it in 2 weeks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I haven't done **** to mine. But, I guess I'll be putting a PS pump on the 85 K1500 AGAIN. I thought it was just low on fluid and why it was whining, bitching, moaning and groaning. Nope, it's full of fluid, not leaking anywhere. It's probably a dried out pump anyway. Remember about 6 months ago when I had the leaker out the front shaft? I just pulled the pump off the bent frame truck that had been sitting in the direct sunlight for close to 3 years and who knows how old it was, maybe even OEM.
I hope this time I can just suck it up and go with a NEW one and be done. I'd actually be ticked pink to find a manual steer box for it.But then again, maybe not if I intended to do a lift and bigger tires. I damn sure would the C20 though. I'd rock a manual steer box anyday.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
GCncsuHD and FoamyPirate,congratulations on the soon to be youngsters.
I got the battery in the 79 today,must have been bone dry in the tanks when I parked it,would`nt start.
Got a bunch of stuff going on all day tomorrow,it`ll probably be Sunday before I can get the five gallons of fuel dumped into it and geter firedup.
Got the front axle/differential with all new bearings,U-joints,ball joints,steering stabilizer,all ready to remove the old and shove in the new.
Front springs`r getting weak,seems to be terrible bent upwards fromn the weight/age and I`m going to gather me up some leafs or two and add to each side.not a lift,just a boost.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
GCncsuHD and FoamyPirate,congratulations on the soon to be youngsters.
I got the battery in the 79 today,must have been bone dry in the tanks when I parked it,would`nt start.
Got a bunch of stuff going on all day tomorrow,it`ll probably be Sunday before I can get the five gallons of fuel dumped into it and geter firedup.
Got the front axle/differential with all new bearings,U-joints,ball joints,steering stabilizer,all ready to remove the old and shove in the new.
Front springs`r getting weak,seems to be terrible bent upwards fromn the weight/age and I`m going to gather me up some leafs or two and add to each side.not a lift,just a boost.

Fixed that fer ya !!! Baby making days for me were over about 16 years ago after my son was born and made it to a year old and healthy.

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
Finaly did the door striker mod! WOOHOO!! Pulled some of the interior to get it ready for bed coating the interior. Also looked around online for an organ doner truck with the 6.0 4l80e combo.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hahaha, I get to write something in this thread. I may have put it in my build thread, but you can bet your ass, I'm putting it here too. Finally a bit of Success !!!

Hell Yeah, After I Rewired the new switches in, I never thought to check the fuse. It was blown. I installed the correct 30amp Breaker, and BAMM !!!

FINALLY, I HAVE POWER WINDOWS, in the 85 K1500 !!!

Now everyone is dancing !!!

:banana-mario: :dancingpoop: :badger_1::pepper: :big_banana_Dance: :party36:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
awesome!!! :)

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Ha only thing i got to say is that my water pump is taking a **** on me so its time to flush the system and replace all the belts and hoses.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sure was weird driving the K1500 with the windows down this afternoon. But I liked it. The best part is, they even rolled back up when I got home. Slow on the passenger side, but it did go up. :waytogo:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sure was weird driving the K1500 with the windows down this afternoon. But I liked it. The best part is, they even rolled back up when I got home. Slow on the passenger side, but it did go up. :waytogo:

:banana-mario: Wahoo! Not being able to roll your windows down sucks.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I guess I have something to post here too.

My passenger side window would only roll 1/4 of the way down and the door lock kept getting stuck in the locked position. So, I took the door panel off and the track was bent a little causing the window to fall out when you started rolling it down. Got it massaged back into place and lubed everything up. Windows and locks work great now on both doors. :headbang:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Installed a new fuel pump on the 79,it cranked quite a while,fired up,went to fast idle,let it set the for a couple of minutes,kicked the throttle,brought it down to a normal idle.Not bad for setting for a year and a half.WOOOOHOOOOOO cruisin time again.
Get the little O`L ladies,the kids and dogs off a the streets,here I come.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images
I've been working on the transplant again... Lol trans lines installed, new trans filter and gasket, installed the y pipe with new hardware, start installing the newly integrated wiring harness back into the truck... Everything in the engine bay is plugged in and the wiring harness back into the fuse block as well as put through the firewall...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:banana-mario: Wahoo! Not being able to roll your windows down sucks.

NO doubt. I hate the fact I smoke. I hate the smell, I hate everything about smoking. Nasty ass fuggin addictive habit. I don't care if it's 30 below, if I have to smoke the windows go down and I never smoke in a vehicle with the AC running cuz it will suck the smoke in. Actually on MAX it will, not on regular AC, but anyway, I've got this broke rear slider on the truck that I kept there just so I can open the rear window to smoke while driving, and the wing glass. Nice to be able to roll the window and have a smoke now without choking and gagging.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85