What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So ya keeping it now? :roflbow: :popcorn:

I guess. It leaves me stranded again..... I'll take out to the property and shoot it up, then haul it over the scales. :roflbow:

Sure glad my bro was home, I'd have had to of walked almost a mile to the house to get the K1500 to go get the tow truck. I figured by the time I got the tow truck and all that ****, just easier for me and my bro to strap it home. All worked out well. Only thing that sucked, the damn motor was still hot when I worked on it, and got a bit burned. But I damn sure wasn't gonna have a broke down truck !!! My **** might be ugly, but it damn sure runs good.. usually.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
****, at least you had the extra dizzy man, then you got other trucks to yank a part of too, lol..

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Drove it, lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
****, at least you had the extra dizzy man, then you got other trucks to yank a part of too, lol..

Oh hell yeah. I had 2 other dizzies I could used to get it fired up, or just replace the ICM, but I've been going to put that dizzy in the truck for some time now and was waiting to get cash for new AC Delco plug wires and plugs and do it all once. So now I just need wires and plugs. Does run a hell of lot better too. Smoother, and I still haven't timed it with a light. Just did by ear, so I might be able to squeeze a bit more advance out of it too. It's not pinging at all and seems more responsive. All is good. Coulda been worse. Coulda been bad weather, or my bro not home, or much further from home, etc.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Played in the rain a bit today....

Attachments

• K5.jpg
    K5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 100
  • K55.jpg
    K55.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 119
  • K555.jpg
    K555.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 97
  • K5555.jpg
    K5555.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 119

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Played in the rain a bit today....

NIce, but you still didn't get it dirty !!! :roflbow: Get some damn mud on that Mall Crawler brah !!! :grd:

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
NIce, but you still didn't get it dirty !!! :roflbow: Get some damn mud on that Mall Crawler brah !!! :grd:

Yes, it got dirty....its been ahwile lol. Took it out before work, wanted to "hear" how the hilift mount was holding up. Honestly the truck is quiet'er inside now than before...

Only thing is, it rained so much and so hard here today, truck was cleaned off by the time I got to work.

Im sure Ill find my way out there again this weekend. Nice part about living in the desert, I only have to drive .5mi to play a bit.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, it got dirty....its been ahwile lol. Took it out before work, wanted to "hear" how the hilift mount was holding up. Honestly the truck is quiet'er inside now than before...

Only thing is, it rained so much and so hard here today, truck was cleaned off by the time I got to work.

Im sure Ill find my way out there again this weekend. Nice part about living in the desert, I only have to drive .5mi to play a bit.

I bet you take advantage of rain every chance you get huh? You only get a bit of rain during Monsoon season don't you???

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Just about all of our rain comes during Monsoon season (June-Sept +/-). Best part about Monsoons is they hit late afternoon, lots of thunder/lightning, copious amounts of rain, then they dissappear. Its the dust storms (Haboobs) that mess **** up.

Monsoon season keeps getting shorter and shorter with les and less rain. Phoenix is drying up, I may have to head East to the hills with Irishman....

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI

DUALLYBOURBON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban Dually
Engine Size
Got out there tinkering with the burb today... Ended up rewiring the trailer brakes/lights with new wiring. Then washed her up, and went looking for a steering column.... No luck..

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Got all of the bulbs working in the instrument panel, installed a new speedo cable (which isn't working...I just had to mess with a good thing by replacing the cracked old cable that still worked). Still need to figure that one out, ran a drill in reverse at the trans end and speedo worked, so trans isn't driving it or it's not sticking into the trans far enough or something. Removed the hack job trailer harness wiring, and installed the rear bumper. Installed a coolant overflow hose so it doesn't puke all over the engine bay when it gets hot. :D Also installed the cruise control harness out of my 87' so it's the proper length now.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
So, it turns out the reason my new speedometer cable doesn't work is because of the weird ratio adapter on my 700R4. It has a 1:0.95 adapter from the factory, which instead of using a square male drive, has a round drive with a keyway. I ended up having to use my old cable from the 87' to get it working until I can track down the proper new cable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06