What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
You must be registered for see images attach

Man, I stared at that picture for a long time trying to figure out what the hell the po did there. With the exception of the aftermarket fpr, this is what it's supposed to look like.

picture.php

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Man, I stared at that picture for a long time trying to figure out what the hell the po did there. With the exception of the aftermarket fpr, this is what it's supposed to look like.

picture.php

I thought it looked right as well except for the filter. Must have thought the vette filter would improve performance...lol...

Edit: Never mind my previous comment, this pic didn't show up while not being logged in, the comment was for other photo with the looped rubber line and vette filter. After my comment posted I saw this photo. What the heck is all of that mess?

Last edited:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I thought it looked right as well except for the filter. Must have thought the vette filter would improve performance...lol...

Improves performance and allows it to at least sixty faster than previousely recorded? :shrug: :gathering:

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
So here is another Charlie Foxtrot, compliments of the PO, Im working on sorting out.

This is mo'betta....

Still not an A+ job, but will suffice until I can get back there to run the SS lines all they way to the tank.

A trip to Homie D's tomorrow will resolve the issue of securing the lines and filter...

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Also today....

Adapter in:

Gauge installed:

Clearing a spot for my PA...

Been sitting on this for several months...will be replacing the 84' grill I have with the correct 86'

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Just couldnt catch a break today. Started with this:

Left me with about 3-4 threads showing. The red tape on the other bolt represents about how much was in the manifold. If I had a welder Id just thread a nut on and put a weld and hopefully pull it out. I dont, so I was able to get my grinder in there and notch it. Tried to jam a large screwdriver in the but it just broke the tip of it off:

Pretty much only left me with one option....drill it out. Started by grinding it down as level as I could:

Hit it a few times with a punch and started drilling. Started with 1/8th and worked up...

After taking my time, constant steady speed and I had a friend keep the bit-bolt lubed. Then we tapped it and bam.....:

After reading several articles on this I wanted to avoid using an extractor if at all possible. From what I read many of them break and then your literally screwed trying to drill that out.

My trick: Left Handed bits and a reverse drill and patience.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think i'da used BRASS bolts, not anodized hardened bolts. Next time it corrodes or some ****, those hardened bolts won't give and likely to take the aluminum threads next time. Just a Guess.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
......that was the easy part of my day.

After we get that sorted out and everything buttoned up I go to start it.....

....and fuel is just spewing out from around the #7 injector and Im like WTF!

Friend splits and I just cant stop wondering why. So I get down to the fuel rail, pull the #7 injector and see this:

Im thinking sweet, easy fix. New O-ring on, actually pulled them all to 2X check and put everything back together.

Starting it up and I can tell it getting some fuel, begins to turn over and actually starts. It sounded like it was actually running fine but then I hear-see this:

Again comming from the same area. And I know the injector that I replaced the O-ring on went in on #2 cylinder this time...

Was actually able to check the gauge...was reading about 32 so that seems to wokr and there were NO other leaks (fuel-coolant anywhere......yet).

Just at a loss right now.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I ran over a snowman today lol, that was pretty fun.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I haven't done squat today, just take pictures of the Burb for another member. Thought about fooling around out back in the 4x4 Burb... but it's cold.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I took the dog out for a spin in the truck and then finally started working on the hydroboost swap...

Before:
You must be registered for see images

After:
You must be registered for see images

Still have to run the hoses and what not, but it's getting there. Hope to get a write-up out soon after I get it finished.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
I think I need to wrench with a hangover more often....

Woke up this morning and jumped back into the engine. I pulled the injectors again to find this...the #7...again:

Pinched O-ring...

Pulled the fuel rail for inspection....looks OK to me. Replaced the O-ring and re-installed them, again.... Took my time, again and crossed my fingers.

After hooking everything back up:

Let it run for a few, no leaks....hot lap around the block, no leaks. Proceeded to change the oil-filter.

Gonna get cleaned up and get some miles on it....

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking good there... Glad you were able to figure out what was your issue. Next time you have to deal with the o-rings on the injectors, it helps to give them a thin coat of lube. ;)

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Next time you have to deal with the o-rings on the injectors, it helps to give them a thin coat of lube. ;)

Did both times, which is why Im a little cornfused. Somehow just were'nt seating right...