What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i installed my alarm system today no wiring needed 2 yr old Belgium Malinois same breed of dog i handled when i was in k-9 unit i dont have to lock doors

Best Alarms there are. They work well in the house and garage too.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
My Rottweiler is pretty defensive when he knows somethings wrong.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got some prep work done for tach install #1. I call this #1 because it was in the works before I found the tach cluster recently. I still plan on doing this install because I don't have time frame for my cluster to go in, and I figure when I do have the cluster ready, maybe someone will want to get this set-up from me. Anyways, onward ho....

Tach. 2 5/8" dia...

You must be registered for see images attach

Surround for mounting the tach...

Location in the bezel...

I chose this location because the bezel that is actually in the truck has an inoperable digital clock from the stone age in that location already. So I don't have to feel guilty about cutting that bezel.

Tech note also: For those of you who have a bezel with the silver trim, or want the silver trim, go get your self a metallic silver Sharpie! The bezel in the above picture had half the silver gone from use over the years when I got it. It was actually the guy I bought it from that told me about it, as that is what he does when restoring the Chevelles he has collected over the years. You need a steady hand, but it is worth the payoff!

Uriel

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've got 4 brand new bilstein 5100 series shocks I'm installing tomorrow. I hope they're as god as people say they are.

And I've got to get a new chrome front bumper and lights because Bambi don't like an un-cracked bumper.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
New injectors in, fuel rail on, runners on, punched out a valve cover for a breather and put them on, replaced some PCV-vac hoses too:

Starting to look like a motor again, but pretty much stuck till the diaphram shows......

3pairs12

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Replaced my botched rebuilt qjet with a 1405, that allowed me to pull it out of the garage for the first time in about 3 yrs. Getting it ready for the kid who starts driving in Oct.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Fixed the exhaust for the billionth time on the '88 4x4 Burb, and also reattached the LF lower fender that has been flapping in the breeze. Used 4 screws to do it, 89S would be proud.

I haven't had the time to do the passenger side cab corner and rocker panel on the '84 C10, so I covered the giant hole in the rocker with a rear rocker panel slip cover I got from 89S a while back. Looks a lot better now, thanks buddy! I also installed an older Sun Super Tach in the C10 today. It's a little rough, but it works and was only 5 bucks at a garage sale. However, now I need to repair the steering column due to my frustration and carelessness. I broke that cover that goes behind the multi-function switch area, now I can't switch my brights on.

I also did a little work on the '86 2wd Burb. There were several little minor rust spots on the lower rear doors and the lower quarters that I didn't want turning into big rust spots. I just hit them with the wire wheel, sprayed on rust convertor, then sprayed them with black rustoleum. That should take care of it until I can permanently take care of it in the spring.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
However, now I need to repair the steering column due to my frustration and carelessness. I broke that cover that goes behind the multi-function switch area, now I can't switch my brights on.

Temper, temper...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Temper, temper...

It was dark out and that little SOB didn't want to pop off. I just wanted it out of the way so I could clamp the tach to the column, then put it back on after I modify it. Well, I modified it alright.

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
Finished recharging the battery, had my son help me re-crimp my fan and his magic touch made it work, pulled my mirror off to re-glue the glass again, hopefully this epoxy holds. Took her out to the store for a nice ride and so glad to not be driving the camry for once lol.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
used old man's 84 to haul 2,280 lbs. of remodel trash to the dump yesterday morning.

2 trips, not all at once LOL.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Fixed the exhaust for the billionth time on the '88 4x4 Burb, and also reattached the LF lower fender that has been flapping in the breeze. Used 4 screws to do it, 89S would be proud.

I haven't had the time to do the passenger side cab corner and rocker panel on the '84 C10, so I covered the giant hole in the rocker with a rear rocker panel slip cover I got from 89S a while back. Looks a lot better now, thanks buddy! I also installed an older Sun Super Tach in the C10 today. It's a little rough, but it works and was only 5 bucks at a garage sale. However, now I need to repair the steering column due to my frustration and carelessness. I broke that cover that goes behind the multi-function switch area, now I can't switch my brights on.

I also did a little work on the '86 2wd Burb. There were several little minor rust spots on the lower rear doors and the lower quarters that I didn't want turning into big rust spots. I just hit them with the wire wheel, sprayed on rust convertor, then sprayed them with black rustoleum. That should take care of it until I can permanently take care of it in the spring.

Cool, glad it became of good use. :)

Give me a box of self tappers and I am a happy man, lol!

I'm on a pretty good roll with my Burb right now. Haven't had to do anything to it for a while. Famous last words right? :rolleyes:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm on a pretty good roll with my Burb right now. Haven't had to do anything to it for a while. Famous last words right? :rolleyes:

Why did you say that?! You KNOW somethings going to happen now :nono:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Why did you say that?! You KNOW somethings going to happen now :nono:

I got state inspection and emissions testing coming up the end of Feb. Got an exhaust leak on the right side, not sure if it is the donut or y-pip or manifold. I also got to get those damned rear body mounts under the third row seat fixed by then. :(

I got the hardware rounded up. I still got to fab up a channel or some custom mounts for the body under there. I got some 2" square aluminum tubing I might be incorporating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns