What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, it was supposed to be a trans core for a trans core. He did get a rebuildable transmission. I didn't. But I did get killer hard parts in like new shape. The pan gasket is even good enough I can reuse it and the filter too. But, I will at least replace the filter and pan gasket but that's it' I'm even regetting I let the trans fluid drain into my old transfliud recovery. The trans fluid could have been used too. I'm sure I let $25 or more of transfluid go to waste.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I saw you mention it had the 4 bolt pump and it got me to wondering, is there a TH400 that is more desirable? Or was the reference to the 4 bolt pump just to mean it would interchange with the BOP Th400?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I saw you mention it had the 4 bolt pump and it got me to wondering, is there a TH400 that is more desirable? Or was the reference to the 4 bolt pump just to mean it would interchange with the BOP Th400?

6 Bolt Pump. They come in 6 and 8, and as far as that goes, neither is desireable. The earlier units are 8 bolt pumps, and has nothing to do with BOP or Chevy Case. 6 Bolt pump is more common. All Turbo 400's are desireable for reason or another. Earlier ones til 70 have the good front sprag drum, 64 and 65 have the good front and rear sprag, Then the later units after 76 or so, have more changes, updated torrington bearings etc, so it's hard to say which is best to have or not. The best ones are a late case with the early sprag drums and case saving center support.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah, it was supposed to be a trans core for a trans core. He did get a rebuildable transmission. I didn't. But I did get killer hard parts in like new shape. The pan gasket is even good enough I can reuse it and the filter too. But, I will at least replace the filter and pan gasket but that's it' I'm even regetting I let the trans fluid drain into my old transfliud recovery. The trans fluid could have been used too. I'm sure I let $25 or more of transfluid go to waste.

So was the case broke? If so, did he drop it or something?

If there's nothing wrong, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without calling the poor sap and letting him know, lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So was the case broke? If so, did he drop it or something?

If there's nothing wrong, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without calling the poor sap and letting him know, lol.

We did the transaction by email, and I deleted all the email. I wanted to let him know. And now, even though his house is only about 6 miles away, he's tangled up in one of those new neighborhoods and I can't remember, if it was 2 lefts and 3rd right, or 3rd right 1st left, 2nd right etc. :roflbow: I'd love to let the guy know, not to rub it in, but because he's gonna be surpised when he finds a new trans and a new driveshaft isn't going to get his truck moving again.

Yes, the case is broke. The bellhousing is cracked, and a chunk is missing, that you can tell was missing previously, but it wasn't on a bolt hole. The guy had told me when he was starting to remove the trans and he'd have it out in about an hour. I've seen this damage before. He dropped it out of the truck and off the jack that cracked the bellhousing beyond use. I could tell by his email, he was pretty upset about our deal being off cuz of the cracked bellhousing. Then when I said, let's do it. I have plenty of 700r4's so I don't mind helping out, and I have a few Th400 cases and short a few hard parts, so I'm all good with it. You could tell, he felt bad, as if he knew he was getting the better deal, and asking me, you want this driveshaft too, I won't need it, you can have it, and it has 2 new U-joint in it. And it did. It has 1 special U joint in it, that I can press out and still use, and the back U Joint, I can use in my K1500 I'm pretty sure, not to mention a 32 spline yoke that will work on my NP208's and NP205's so hell yeah I took the dshaft too.

Oh, and I got the convter too. It's nice and tight, fluid is clean as can be, so I'm sure it's probably good too. I don't think I'll chance it though. That may have been reused on the previous build and no telling what's in it, but it's the good core. I also have him a 700r4 converter core.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Crawled under it yesterday and got the trans crossmember, trans mount, and drive shaft in, got the dipstick tube in, and connected a few chassis-to-engine grounds. Next up is the exhaust, TBI fuel lines, and etc. It's getting closer!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Went and picked up some junk for the trucks !!! Does this mean I worked on all 4 today???

attachment.php

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
They may be spoken for Dawg. I know I'm using 2 on my truck projects, and my bro has 2 ElCo's. Not sure if he's converting or not. He's taking about selling both his ElCo's and buying another Furd Mustang, which he really a car payment again, and is now working ****** jobs with his CDL since he got a wreckless driving in his last Mustang. I think I've got him woke up to see the fuggin light now. I asked, how often did you get pulled over in the Mustang in the 8 months you had it? How many times you been pulled over in the ElCo's that you've have for a year? He didn't have much to say.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Got the driver side door jam and fender sanded and primed. Got the pleasure of meeting Frankentruck.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
**** man !!! Is that one of those Breathe Easy vehicles??? No doors oughta circulate the air pretty good. :rofl: You got it coming right along. I sure hope I get to paint jambs on mine.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
They may be spoken for Dawg. I know I'm using 2 on my truck projects, and my bro has 2 ElCo's. Not sure if he's converting or not. He's taking about selling both his ElCo's and buying another Furd Mustang, which he really a car payment again, and is now working ****** jobs with his CDL since he got a wreckless driving in his last Mustang. I think I've got him woke up to see the fuggin light now. I asked, how often did you get pulled over in the Mustang in the 8 months you had it? How many times you been pulled over in the ElCo's that you've have for a year? He didn't have much to say.

I'll have to look around the garage for something that will change your mind....

Nice work Rob!!! :waytogo:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Looks great, Robert!

Can't wait till my 87' is in primer. I suspect that'll take about 5 years, haha. :help:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrianGarf