What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

incubus2432

Reaction score
First Name
Shekkie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Now that the bedliner is in and (mostly) cured I bolted in my new tiedowns

That’s water pooled/spotted in the pics. Monstaliner recommends misting the surface after initial setup to help the curing process.
You must be registered for see images attach

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Washer fluid reservoir leaking again. I had to try this. The stock pump isn't strong enough to pull fluid with this setup.

I'll probably go with a 2 liter aluminum tank from Amazon for $30 and a different pump.

Then again, might just upgrade the pump and let it fly.

I'd go with this one because your pump will fit right on the side and work great. I have this one and just put a new pump in and it works great.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Now that the bedliner is in and (mostly) cured I bolted in my new tiedowns

That’s water pooled/spotted in the pics. Monstaliner recommends misting the surface after initial setup to help the curing process.
Those look great, where'd ya get them? I've got large D-rings on my rear posts but want to add something smaller/slimmer up front and possibly on the floor like that as well

SierraClassique

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
5.0L V8
the vanity projects continue!

I touched up all the badges / emblems on the Jimmy with Testors enamel paint.

The grill and headlight bezels have new life with some coats of Krylon Dark Metallic spray paint- I know there is a lot of argent silver debate on GMSB but I wanted to go with something darker.

Lastly, fifty shades of beige has come to an end. The a-pillar, b-pillar, and connecting interior panels are now ‘smokey beige.’

To balance cosmetic vs. functional projects, I changed the fluid in the transfer case and gear oil in the diffs for the first time since I acquired the Jimmy a year ago- no metal shavings but very overdue!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

The grill and headlight bezels have new life with some coats of Krylon Dark Metallic spray paint- I know there is a lot of argent silver debate on GMSB but I wanted to go with something darker.

Lastly, fifty shades of beige has come to an end. The a-pillar, b-pillar, and connecting interior panels are now ‘smokey beige.’

To balance cosmetic vs. functional projects, I changed the fluid in the transfer case and gear oil in the diffs for the first time since I acquired the Jimmy a year ago- no metal shavings but very overdue!
I like it!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Hard work paid off, passed emissions, now to wait for my new 2025 sticker.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7

Is that a swing out step on the front or one mounted in a receiver hitch? Its a cool idea either way.

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Rebuilt my upper and lower control arms........... spend the money and get the tubulars.
I will if there's a next time.
No budget for tubular control arms on this truck and for as much as I drive this one not needed. It will be a big improvement replacing original worn suspension and gearbox upgrade to quick ratio.

SierraClassique

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
5.0L V8
Is that a swing out step on the front or one mounted in a receiver hitch? Its a cool idea either way.

It’s a hitch mounted bumper step from Harbor Freight - it’s great to get into the engine bay of a lifted rig! Only con is having to reverse with a tow rope to get it out haha, but can’t really complain for $28.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
It’s a hitch mounted bumper step from Harbor Freight - it’s great to get into the engine bay of a lifted rig! Only con is having to reverse with a tow rope to get it out haha, but can’t really complain for $28.
Thanks. Installing a front hitch is on my project list. I have one of those steps that go over the tire. The hood gets in the way using it. I usually use a portable work platform, it's much better than a step ladder. The bumper step is perfect for when you are on the road.

SierraClassique

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
5.0L V8
Thanks. Installing a front hitch is on my project list. I have one of those steps that go over the tire. The hood gets in the way using it. I usually use a portable work platform, it's much better than a step ladder. The bumper step is perfect for when you are on the road.

Nice! This front hitch receiver ($238) went on my ‘84 Jimmy pretty easily. I have 4wd so didn’t need a front hitch to put a boat in the lake or anything, but I wanted to put it on nonetheless.

Unfortunately, I do not have OEM tow hooks (and do not want to pay the small fortune they’re selling for online), but I would be curious how they play with the hitch receiver. As an aside, I bought a few of these Harbor Freight tow hooks, which are oriented 90° differently than the OEM hooks, so trying to do something with these may be a creative undertaking sometime soon. All advice / suggestions from the community is welcome!

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
It seems like almost every boatyard around here has a truck with a front hitch. It sure makes jockeying the trailers around a lot easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes