What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Scraped more paint off the box side, mostly without the heat. It came off pretty easily except the areas that are still yellow. Gonna hit those with the heat gun tomorrow when the metal is a little colder to see if it lifts easier. This is a huge time saver. I’ll probably attack the fenders soon while the temps are cooler. It feels good when things go easier and making good progress.
Was that orange from the factory? If so, what is the paint code please!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Threw yet another o2 sensor in the truck (3rd one in 3mo) since I can’t seem to get a decent one. Found a GM one from Detroit so hopefully this does the trick. Also replaced those hideous blue Taylor wires that didn’t fit right (and were arcing on things) with another set of Speed Engineerings so I could use my boots again. Last minute maintenance before the roadtrip to Bowling Green

You must be registered for see images attach

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
nothin major, some door locks and map pockets.
interior of my crew used to be saddle and green, then i turned it into black and green few yrs ago.
didn't want to put the saddle map pockets back in so i threw a piece of diamond plate over the holes.
digging thru the garage the other day i found the old pockets, so my wife dyed them with some synthetic stuff. i think she did a decent job of them

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Mocked up the led strip light. It's got double sided tape on it but I also got metal clips too. I haven't stuck it on with the tape yet. Just put the clips on it .this weekend I'll probably glue it on when I stick it. That way it won't come off at all. I think the clips hold it good but I want them as a back up if the glue let's loose.

YM E-Bright Led Hood Light Strip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPYHCF9J/

30 Pack Black Metal Retainer... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WY56K6M/

I think it looks good and puts off more light that I thought it would. I hooked it up to the halos on the headlights so they all come on at once I put on the parking lights.

The photos are just with the halos on but it's hard to tell.

It fits perfectly on the plastic piece under the bumper. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Anybody recommend a good glue that would hold up to rain and wind?

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
No great milestone for most folks but the last couple of months have been great for me, I’ve been driving the Blazer a bunch and entered it in a couple of car shows for sheets & giggles. I’m really enjoying it.

As soon as I can get tires and new wood on my trailer I’ll drag it somewhere to play.
Oh man, thats exactly what i want to do to my blazer, that looks great.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Went thru and reconnected and tested all front and rear lights. found a parking light(bumper mounted) had been leaking for years apparently , new socket on order it was corroded away. but got lights on all four corners....made a list of to do's on my white board.....start knockin em out as time allows.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Was looking around under the truck to verify that I have a 700R4 trans. and doing a little clean up of the typical slight oil leakage. Also wanted to see If I could ID my rear axle and find transfer case tags. Everything is a little too gunky so I decided I would clean things up a bit. Picked up some Super Clean and Chemical Guys "Bare Bones". While looking as closely as I was(closer than I normally care to be, as I don't like finding the bad)
I also decided I needed to get the steering stabilizer replaced. NAPA had
Rancho to match the shocks as the PO had done. I am hoping to notice a slight difference in the steering slack(?)

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I said ^^^^^^

To clarify, I replaced all the old Rancho shocks not too long ago. Some of you might remember the post.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Sprayed wd40 on the crank windows crank and rollers because it was really hard to crank and stripped a handle. Drivers side is much better now with new handle and lubed. Passenger side is harder but able to get it down now. Before it was nearly impossible to roll it down. Lol

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
Threw yet another o2 sensor in the truck (3rd one in 3mo) since I can’t seem to get a decent one. Found a GM one from Detroit so hopefully this does the trick. Also replaced those hideous blue Taylor wires that didn’t fit right (and were arcing on things) with another set of Speed Engineerings so I could use my boots again. Last minute maintenance before the roadtrip to Bowling Green

i hear ya.
nuthin' but probs with chineseum parts
spent a few days surfing the web last yr looking for a map sensor and a fuel pump relay .
came across some old, old stock, but despite the yrs, they work perfectly.
this must have been in the parts dept a long time. Ed Morse chev is Jim Ellis chev now

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
First ride with both windows down. Nice breeze today. Took him to home depot and heb after that. Nice weather today.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31