Tool Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Well, I have to admit, I did not see that coming.

Actually, I still don't see it. On my screen I have a white background and now I can't see any text unless I highlight it. I didn't think I chose a background color or text color. I thought it was just black on white like all my other posts as I see them. Now it's white on white (to me) and it looked like it was deleted. How did I screw this up? :confused:

Didn't mean to bother you, but since I'm new here I just wanted to be sure I didn't violate someone or something.

This is what I see on my screen, I just drag my cursor over it like I'm going to copy and paste it and it shows up fine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Ah ha! I switched my preferences from Light view to Dark and now I see what you're talking about.

I also looked at another of my posts and some of the text is dark and some light. Now I just have to figure out why. I'm not doing anything to make it that way.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well, I have to admit, I did not see that coming.

Actually, I still don't see it. On my screen I have a white background and now I can't see any text unless I highlight it. I didn't think I chose a background color or text color. I thought it was just black on white like all my other posts as I see them. Now it's white on white (to me) and it looked like it was deleted. How did I screw this up? :confused:

Didn't mean to bother you, but since I'm new here I just wanted to be sure I didn't violate someone or something.
So you've changed the Style Chooser then. Where default GMSB is a dark background you're using the light. So when you change text color so you can see what you've typed, noone else can see it.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Continuing our trip off topic... I didn't change it, and my control panel says light is the default. It looks like it reverses the colors depending on the style. But some of my text is showing up as if I picked a color. If I highlight it and choose "Undo Formatting" it works the way it's supposed to. But I still don't know why the text colors are changing. I'll try looking at it with the BB code editor next time I see it. Maybe I'm leaving accidental BB code when I mistype things.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
You have to wrap it in [color} tags, but I don't think there's a hot key for it. I assumed you were doing it intentionally for effect lol.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
No, like most of my screw-ups it's purely unintentional. In the off road lights thread it happened to my post in mid-sentence. No idea why.

:angry94:

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The trade school my son attends uses Dewalt tool boxes from Home Depot

They have held up well to lots of abuse from the students
And the bottom drawer is very deep
Handy for storing welding helmets etc

Lots of peoplelike the boxes from harbor freight

They are pretty sturdy and about 1/10 the cost of a strap on

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Continuing our trip off topic... I didn't change it, and my control panel says light is the default. It looks like it reverses the colors depending on the style. But some of my text is showing up as if I picked a color. If I highlight it and choose "Undo Formatting" it works the way it's supposed to. But I still don't know why the text colors are changing. I'll try looking at it with the BB code editor next time I see it. Maybe I'm leaving accidental BB code when I mistype things.
And you're using a PC? I wonder if it's a browser setting. For here, down at the lower left of the page you can select GM Square Body Dark next to the paint brush, or GM Squarebody Light. Dark should be default.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I was using my profile in the upper right corner. In Preferences it says light is default style.

Now that I know about the two styles I'll probably be switching between them both depending on the time of day. That will also help me catch when the phantom text happens.

Thanks for your help on this. It's much appreciated. I'll let you know if I figure out how it's happening.

Last edited:

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
In the interest of getting back on topic, and making myself look like a hypocrite, here's my current box:

No, I didn't pay new price for it. But it was unused. There's a long story behind that. I also bought it at a time before offshore boxes were common.

Since Derrick (sic) mentioned his Dad having a Kennedy box, this is the box the Snap-On replaced:

My Dad had that style top chest so I got the same thing when I started working with him. I added the riser and cabinet later. Since then, another identical chest turned up from a scrapyard. So now the place is lousy with Kennedy boxes.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow

My Dad had that style top chest so I got the same thing when I started working with him. I added the riser and cabinet later. Since then, another identical chest turned up from a scrapyard. So now the place is lousy with Kennedy boxes.

I have a similar Kennedy box in my basement with all my machinist tools in it. It never really got much of a beating though, since it was full of machinist tools and not mechanics tools lol.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That one is full of machinist tools now too. It was good for me doing mechanical work at the time because most of what I do professionally is somewhat precise and intricate so I didn't need big deep drawers for impact guns and pullers and such.

But eventually the tool collection outgrew it. I was looking at a Craftsman chest and cabinet as an upgrade when the Snap-On deal fell in my lap. For only about a third more than the Craftsman I ended up with a much bigger box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20