Tool Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
It's a bargain if the tools come with it.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
It'll be empty but that's not bad offer 1500$ although I want one with a power cabnetdrawer thing its a big cabinet that pulls out like a drawer strap on is the only one that makes it

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I think that 1700 for a metal box to hold tools is absolutely retarded.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Snap-On boxes are kind of like cars. The depreciation once they come off the truck or drive off the lot is phenomenal. And yes, I think they're overpriced.

That being said, before everything was made in China a quality American made box (other than Snap-On) with premium features like ball bearing slides would have probably cost around that for a new one.

I'm not super familiar with the used market on that particular box, and it does appear to be in nice shape, but I think 1700 is optimistic. A good way to get a feel for what it's worth is to look at completed listings on ebay and see what similar boxes actually sold for.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Yeah, I mean Snap ON boxes cost alot new, sell for alot used... The market value vs the value to me is drastically different lol.

Had a guy try to trade me a Snap On box for a trailer recently lol. I get that someone will pay 1500 for the box... But I wouldn't trade for 4 tool boxes lol, IDC who's name is on the front.

I'd imagine alot of the depreciation comes from the fact that so many people finance the Snap On stuff. That leads to inflation, it's only 43.00 a week right? Then the cash value reflects what the market can actually bear.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I think you're right. The massive depreciation comes from the fact that they're ridiculously overpriced to start with and, much like car leasing, the financing allows Snap-On to make that tolerable for the buyer.

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
the way I look at it is you pay for what you get. I would pay 1500 for it and keep it till I die and get passed down. the other thing is snap-on is made in my state and less than an hour away from where I live. So I am a little partial to snap-on. my grandfather bought a Kennady box back in 1979 and it is still in the family and in good shape and the box has been moved from Harley-Davidson factory to another factory many times and it has held up great.
Also, I have enough toolbox this is just an upgrade and a thing to make my friends pissed that I can afford that.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
If you can afford it and want it then there's no reason to ask us what we think. My toolbox stays in my garage and nobody sees it but me so there's no incentive to have something fancy. I saved money on the outside so I could put more on the inside.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
the other thing is snap-on is made in my state and less than an hour away from where I live. So I am a little partial to snap-on.

Buying a used box does nothing to help them lol. They sell new boxes. But I agree with @skysurfer if you like it, and that's what you want, go ahead.

1500 seems to be the going rate I see on Snap On rollers.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
From a purely practical standpoint you've listed all the wrong reasons for making the investment. But hey, you spell your name wrong too. It's no big deal. ;) We all do things for our own reasons, and they're not always practical. In fact they rarely are. So if you want the Snap-On box, get the Snap-On box.​

I only found one sold listing for a similar box but $1500 seems to be fair market value for it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-on-to...851268&hash=item2aa2bc5503:g:M7cAAOSw-WFan1bQ

Last edited:

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
From a purely practical standpoint you've listed all the wrong reasons for making the investment. But hey, you spell your name wrong too. It's no big deal. ;) We all do things for our own reasons, and they're not always practical. In fact they rarely are. So if you want the Snap-On box, get the Snap-On box.​

I only found one sold listing for a similar box but $1500 seems to be fair market value for it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-on-to...851268&hash=item2aa2bc5503:g:M7cAAOSw-WFan1bQ
no you spell your name wrong lol and yes maybe it is a dumb reason but **** it you only get to live once and i want to be fancy with my tool box. lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
From a purely practical standpoint you've listed all the wrong reasons for making the investment. But hey, you spell your name wrong too. It's no big deal. ;) We all do things for our own reasons, and they're not always practical. In fact they rarely are. So if you want the Snap-On box, get the Snap-On box.

The only change made to your post @Blue Ox was the text color was changed. When you select the gray or whatever color you choose on the black canvas the text doesn't show well at all. I just checked the edit history, I don't see any text all missing. :shrug:

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Well, I have to admit, I did not see that coming.

Actually, I still don't see it. On my screen I have a white background and now I can't see any text unless I highlight it. I didn't think I chose a background color or text color. I thought it was just black on white like all my other posts as I see them. Now it's white on white (to me) and it looked like it was deleted. How did I screw this up? :confused:

Didn't mean to bother you, but since I'm new here I just wanted to be sure I didn't violate someone or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg