Time to start new lower door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
Lol. And even then, a bunch of would still change our minds.... The pics everyone post are awesome. It's so cool to get a different view on how to do stuff. I'd like to see more of your interior work. Really, there's not too much of that here. Sure, panels, headliners, and such. Not sewing stuff up though....
I will try to take more photos and post them. I'm not much of the photo taker. I usually get caught up tinkering and never stop to think and take a photo of what I am doing.

I'm about to do some interior work on my to/from work truck (1988 Mazda standard cab). I have a new RAM but don't drive it in and out of the PD for reasons of my own. But, the Mazda was my brother-in-law's first truck and he could never sell it so I ended up with it. And when I started work on my boy's K10, I decided to freshen up the "fire breathing squirrel" as well. Only It will be slightly simpler.

I am going to cut new door panels. (they are flat) And will be covering them with marine vinyl which looks like a soft leather. My plan is to wrap the molded door handles and seam across the outside edge. So there will be some fiberglass work on the speaker bracket area along with some custom stitching design work in the vinyl too.

You must be registered for see images attach

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
Not my door panel and definitely not my caliber of work. Just a photo to give you an idea of the simplicity of what I am going to work on with it.

I do have some photos of my headliner work in the boy's K10. I have just opted not to post on line due to the dixie flag haters out there.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
So lastly on the lower carpeted portion of the door panels I drilled "keyhole" holes for the nylon fasteners to slide into. They insert into the wide side of the opening and slip over to the narrow side. I am going to drill corresponding holes into the metal of the door for the fasteners to snap into holding the carpeted lower portion on without having to use visible screw heads in the carpeted area.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I do have some photos of my headliner work in the boy's K10. I have just opted not to post on line due to the dixie flag haters out there.

Just post the darn pic. We know you're not out to offend anyone. Nobody here is. We'd just like to see the result of your work.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
Just post the darn pic. We know you're not out to offend anyone. Nobody here is. We'd just like to see the result of your work.
OK....no heckling my sewing. I through this together one afternoon.

I have it layed out on headliner backer but still need to run the steamer over it to smooth out the wrinkles.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
I was going to appliqué the stars but felt it was too much work if I ended up not liking it and got rid of it.

But I like it so it will stay for a little while at least.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
Why stop there???

Too much? LOL

It’s the reverse General Lee. On the inside. I thought Big Nasty needed a splash of color being black on black.

I also made an American Flag to use if this grows old on me.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Absolutely Awesome handiwork! If it grows too old on you I'll buy it from you and put it on the inside of my hardtop Jimmy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood