this forum is a ghost town lately.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
It's all about Gran Turismo in casa Danny. But I have to admit, Forza 2 looks realy good and I wouldn't mind playing it just so I could drive the 70 Firebird.
Cool thing is, when I play Gran Turismo 4, my daughter Katy gets all excited and she jumps around and makes car sounds while I'm cruisn' around the tracks.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I used to love Pike's Peak on Gran Turismo 2. Man I miss that game. Now it's all about Battlefield 2 Allied Intent Xtended mod. :)

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Battlefeild 2 is insane! I could not put down modern warfare 2 until i watched my brother in law playing online, flying around in a helicopter is way more fun than getting gunned down every 10 seconds. Destructible environments is a trip too.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It's all about Gran Turismo in casa Danny. But I have to admit, Forza 2 looks realy good and I wouldn't mind playing it just so I could drive the 70 Firebird.
Cool thing is, when I play Gran Turismo 4, my daughter Katy gets all excited and she jumps around and makes car sounds while I'm cruisn' around the tracks.

That must be forza 3, i just checked my game and did not see the firebird. I can personally say the cars on the game are not accurate to the real car. My father in laws Gt-500 was way more bad ass in real life than on the game!

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Racing games were ruined for me when Need For Speed took on the "mission" concept where you have to earn money to unlock cars.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
I stop in daily, but, I am not one of the more knowledgeable people when it comes to any truck, especially these. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to work on either my S10 or my Square Body at the moment so I'm not asking any technical questions either.
so you inveted me here for your own future personal gain huh? :lol:

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
so you inveted me here for your own future personal gain huh? :lol:

Well, duh! I really did not want to go back to FSC when I got stumped with a problem. Everything on GMFS is focused on the 99 and up trucks so I doubt I would get much help there.

I guess I could have joined CK5, but, WTH. Why not start all sorts of fresh?

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
im new to the site i was told about it by greencountry05 and ever since i have been on every day. i have told a few people about it. everyone likes it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Well, duh! I really did not want to go back to FSC when I got stumped with a problem. Everything on GMFS is focused on the 99 and up trucks so I doubt I would get much help there.

I guess I could have joined CK5, but, WTH. Why not start all sorts of fresh?

I'm with you, Jaymez. I would say both GMFS and FSC are focused on the newer trucks. It seems like FSC is more on the 88-98 while GMFS is on 99+ like you said. I think once this forum gets built up this will be the place to be for the square body owners or people who have owned them in the past and still have a passion for them.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size

I'm a member on several trailblazer/envoy forums are getting pretty quiet and those are much newer vehicles. Forums in general are going by the wayside unfortunately it seems, and the fact that since these vehicles are out of production, each year, there are less on the road, never more.

I don't think this site is anywhere near dead yet, though... I don't check in frequently since I currently don't own a square (looking at one today though to potentially purchase) but there's always something interesting to read or cool pics to look at.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm a member on several trailblazer/envoy forums are getting pretty quiet and those are much newer vehicles. Forums in general are going by the wayside unfortunately it seems, and the fact that since these vehicles are out of production, each year, there are less on the road, never more.

I don't think this site is anywhere near dead yet, though... I don't check in frequently since I currently don't own a square (looking at one today though to potentially purchase) but there's always something interesting to read or cool pics to look at.

I agree with this. With social media being the "thing" these days forums seem to be a dying breed but you lose a LOT of knowledge retention with social media and doesn't have that search ability the forums have. I'll always favor forums over social media. social media is only good for cool pics and such IMO

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I agree with this. With social media being the "thing" these days forums seem to be a dying breed but you lose a LOT of knowledge retention with social media and doesn't have that search ability the forums have. I'll always favor forums over social media. social media is only good for cool pics and such IMO

x2.

I also don't see the point in complaining about it. It is what it is. You either accept that, or you get out there and actively recruit members. Constantly posting about how it's a ghost town doesn't help anything. :shrug:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size