The Silver Surfer Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I agree. Someone will sue over that ownership ******** and win. The black box data recorder though, even though IMO it's an invasion of privacy, I don't think that'll go away.

On my 2004 Crew Cab Silverado with On Star, I used to get email updates telling me it was time for oil changes, and what the engine was doing and all kind of data logging ********. IIRC, I even got one saying it was time to have brakes serviced. A buddy told me once, he got an email at work telling him his wife's car had a low tire. He thought nothing of it, and said she called that day on her lunch break saying her car had a flat tire in the parking lot when she went to leave for lunch.

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That turned out nice. You still doing the roof too? Is the trunk lid done too? Hard to tell in the pis.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I see what you did here buddy. I coulda saved you the time. Just needed a name for the thread. Should be all good now on both of your threads. :waytogo:

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
They're surprisingly roomy in the back seat too. I want to test drive one, maybe with a manual...

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You should clear coat that vinyl. It will make it really pop if you do. It will bring out the fabric texture and pattern better.

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
Got the tune installed today and all I can say is WOW. The car now shifts 1000 times better. The shifts are a lot firmer and it seems to shift at the peak power points. The tune seems to have completely done away with any and all lag. It pulls way harder than it did before in performance mode and eco mode is nesting me over 40mpg. It's like a rocket outta the hole and you can finally tell it's turbocharged. Honestly, it feels like a completely different car.

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
I see what you did here buddy. I coulda saved you the time. Just needed a name for the thread. Should be all good now on both of your threads. :waytogo:

No biggie but thanks for the help anyways.

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
They're surprisingly roomy in the back seat too. I want to test drive one, maybe with a manual...

Honestly there is a ton of room every where. I'm 6' 3" and 270lbs and when the seat is all the way back I can't reach the pedals. There is plenty of room in the front and the back as long as all passengers aren't over 6'. There is also a ton of room in the trunk.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I need a tune on my daily, that one, two count between putting my foot down and response feels dangerous too, and the shifts suck from the trans.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
The black box data recorder though, even though IMO it's an invasion of privacy, I don't think that'll go away.

They used that here about a year ago to determine who was at fault in an accident that left the car in pieces all over the road. The guy was intoxicated and was doing 129 mph when he hit her car. She too was intoxicated but she was annialated in the wreck along with her car. The black box in his car showed he was accelerating at the time of impact. She was 22.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I think they have to subpoena or a warrant to get that ish anyway? Oh well, I just don't like too many newer cars that much anyway.

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
Thankfully my tune ghost over the factory tune and mirrors it so that it doesn't show any modified errors or throw any codes sayings its been tuned.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think they have to subpoena or a warrant to get that ish anyway? Oh well, I just don't like too many newer cars that much anyway.

Not here, for a fatality accident, all they have to claim is "probable cause", as in, he was probably speeding...., he left that light a full throttle...

Another note, you notice how Progressive Insurance, and is it Geico now? I know there is another one doing it now too, offering low rates if you agree to have this device plugged into your car? It's a logging device. Same thing, it's reading your driving habits. How many times you're hitting WOT (Wide Open Throttle), at what tops speeds are you driving etc. They see lots of WOTs and 80-100mph, you can bet your rates are going up. I damn sure don't want that ****.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'd never do one of those readers for my insurance, they've smelled like ******** for years. There are times, all too often that I need to go to WOT and tap into my power reserve for safety. What about towing, huh? Lots of WOT if you're heavy enough.

I drive like a grandpa a lot of the time, smooth cruising because it's comfortable and not hard on the equipment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag