Square Dually Complete Stereo build....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brewster21

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well that's weird my retrosound makes a little bit of ground noise, all the time and it kinda drives me nuts but the guy from retrosound thinks it's normal, he said I could send it in but it might be normal and I would have to take it apart and pay shipping and put it back in, so i don't know, if yours is crystal clear I think mine would be also

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

brewster21

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Also if you don't find anyone to tune your stereo, you can do it yourself and have probably arc audio or crutchfield help you, crutchfield and kicker customer support is great they'll help you with anything and usually the wait isn't long, I have never dealt with arc audio though

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here are the 6.5's installed in the kicker panel. I plan on completely redoing the interior, changing the color to grey/charcoal, so that is why I carpeted the box in that color. And when I do that the kick panels will be painted grey as well. The interior is in really great shape though, so my plan to do it next year may get pushed back a couple years.

Does that clear for good access and swing of the Park Brake pedal? I've seen several where the park brake was useless. This one appears it may be low enough and pointed in a direction it'll work. The ones I seen installed, the speaker is pointed at about the drivers nut sack, and Park brake didn't clear.

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
Does that clear for good access and swing of the Park Brake pedal? I've seen several where the park brake was useless. This one appears it may be low enough and pointed in a direction it'll work. The ones I seen installed, the speaker is pointed at about the drivers nut sack, and Park brake didn't clear.

Yeah there are a few options out there and I can't answer your question yet as my brake is detached because my rear end is off the truck, but I bought these from this forum based on all the reviews and advice. I think you have to adjust your parking brake properly so there is little to no slop for it to work well with this speaker pod, but I am not too worried as it appears that it is still functional. I have some ideas to fix this problem if it turns out to be an issue. I will update here in a few weeks once my truck is back together.

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
Also if you don't find anyone to tune your stereo, you can do it yourself and have probably arc audio or crutchfield help you, crutchfield and kicker customer support is great they'll help you with anything and usually the wait isn't long, I have never dealt with arc audio though

Thanks man, I just may do this.. call up arc audio and have them help me through the phone.

As for the whining, that would bother me so much, so it may be worth it to take it out and send it in.

Dom87SS

Reaction score
First Name
Dominick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Care to share what the dimensions of the rear box are if you still have them? I'm doing something similar soon on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224