speedometer issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I've taken the new cable off and greased it and I can't find where it would be binding at

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Make sure it is connected properly on the back of the cluster and not pushed up tight there. In other words make the keeper on the cluster end do its job. I used to gently tug on the cable sheath from under the hood once everything was back together. It helps if the grommet is lubed up with some silicone spray. Don't pull too hard!

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Make sure it is connected properly on the back of the cluster and not pushed up tight there. In other words make the keeper on the cluster end do its job. I used to gently tug on the cable sheath from under the hood once everything was back together. It helps if the grommet is lubed up with some silicone spray. Don't pull too hard!

Ok I'll turn the cable and get it set back to 0 and pull it out tomorrow and see if that'll correct it

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Ok I'll turn the cable and get it set back to 0 and pull it out tomorrow and see if that'll correct it

Did you just say you needed to set the speedo back to zero? If so you may have a speedo issue.....

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Did you just say you needed to set the speedo back to zero? If so you may have a speedo issue.....

Yeah when I installed the cable it turned all the way to its stopping point and has stayed there

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
still having issues with this does this sound like something's wrong with the speedometer? Odometer isn't working either :shrug:

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
bump should I buy another speedometer :shrug:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
You can manually play with the spedo and see if needle will bounce with your movement. If it is stuck at 100 with cable disconnected then binding was likely in spedo gearing it self and will need to replace the spedometer. Good check with the cluster out is to drive and see if the inner part if the cable spins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbluesquare