Replaced the heater core and heater control panel.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghetto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 6 Banger
So when I first bought the truck the heat never worked so great. It had plenty of heat but it didn't blow very hard. A year ago I noticed some mouse home building material coming out of the bottom vent. I pulled out a fair amount. Then the selector to change from heat to defrost was getting harder and harder to move. It finally broke the lever off. Just as spring time came around, my heater core took a dump. I just put a joint between the two heater hoses and drove it. Well, the other day it got pretty cold out at night and I said it was time to do the heater and controls.

I read some places this was hard to do. Others said it was really easy. I put it off all summer and fall fearing the worst. It was cake! A few bolts and taking the cables down and it came right out. Hardest part was putting it back in getting all the bolts through the holes.

I found out why it wasn't blowing that good....
You must be registered for see images

Washed it out..

Move like new now.

Good to have heat again. Last winter up here was brutal. Froze my ass off with the heat on full blast. Not gonna happen this year. Doesn't help I have a draft coming in the drivers door at the bottom. That will get dealt with at some point.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Without AC doing heater cores is dead simple compared to those with AC.

LipRipr

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
1st thing I do when I buy a different truck, is put in a new heater core & engine heater & make sure it all works. Heat is a must for the north. Freezing rain, snow, freezing fog, frosty windows, sleet, temps lower than zero. Thou shalt not be cold.

Mice love that duct, it's like a big condo w/ an exercise wheel.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Holy Crap! LMAO