Productive day in the garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2005 Nissan Titan that has been in desperate need of a brake upgrade. The early Titans suffered from undersized rotors and calipers. I read where I could upgrade to newer larger brakes that began being used in the 08 Armadas. I got all the part numbers I needed and started ordering back in May. Last thing to come in we’re the rotors which were special because they are the larger rotors but with a smaller diameter hub opening that was used on the early trucks.

Long story, short, everything went according to plan and I have better braking than when the truck was new. Especially happy not to have the pulsating pedal, and best of all only about $400.00 for rotors, calipers, pads, hoses, and some brackets to relocate the hoses and abs sensor wires.

I know that Titans are not common among a group like this but it is the best truck I’ve owned in my 66 years. The Titan has 180,000 miles and is still running on mostly original parts. The spark plugs, wires, water pump, alternator, even the serpentine belt is what rolled off the assembly line. I hope I haven’t jinxed it! I do have a new serpentine belt in the console.