Pre cut window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Have you ever used the Gila heat shield? It’s a ceramic tint and seems to have good reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I am only experienced with Llumar... If customers are returning back with Gila many years later and saying that it hasn't faded, Then you've got a good option. If you do this yourself, get a pump sprayer... Using a regular spray bottle, you'll end up with carpal tunnel before you finish cleaning the back glass and vent windows.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Unfortunately I am only experienced with Llumar... If customers are returning back with Gila many years later and saying that it hasn't faded, Then you've got a good option. If you do this yourself, get a pump sprayer... Using a regular spray bottle, you'll end up with carpal tunnel before you finish cleaning the back glass and vent windows.
So your saying a pump sprayer for the window cleaner or the solution between the tint? And what do you use to spray on the window and tint before you stick it on. I’ve always used soapy water but is there something better?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Have you ever used the Gila heat shield? It’s a ceramic tint and seems to have good reviews

I have gila on my sides and vents, im not sure if its heat sheild but ill tell you it worked much better then the black magic i used on the back.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I used regular hand sprayer without issues. Used baby shampoo for cleaning together with Razor blades and some sort of scouring pad
Edit: emery cloth is a lot coarser compared to the pads I have been using. Note not to use emery cloth

Last edited:

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I have gila on my sides and vents, im not sure if its heat sheild but ill tell you it worked much better then the black magic i used on the back.
Alright. I’ll have to check into it some more. I messed up in my research and it’s not ceramic it’s dyed. One of the websites I looked at was wrong. What was wrong with the black magic? A lot of people say it’s better than the Gila

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Alright. I’ll have to check into it some more. I messed up in my research and it’s not ceramic it’s dyed. One of the websites I looked at was wrong. What was wrong with the black magic? A lot of people say it’s better than the Gila

Gila was easier to work with and was clearer to see through when finished. Its hard to describe what its like lookin through black magic.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I used regular hand sprayer without issues. Used baby shampoo for cleaning together with Razor blades and emery cloth
So your saying a pump sprayer for the window cleaner or the solution between the tint? And what do you use to spray on the window and tint before you stick it on. I’ve always used soapy water but is there something better?
Isn't emory cloth going to scratch the windows? Scouring pads can scratch windows too... We have very soft scouring pads designed for the job. We sometimes use Baby shampoo to enhance the slip of the tint on the glass in the summer time... Its fine to use for cleaning and installing. I would suggest using a dish worthy scouring pad and test it by spraying soapy solution and scrubbing an inconspicuous spot on a window in your house. Your windows on your truck are tougher than your house glass so if you see small faint scratches on your house windows proceed to testing it on your truck... Loosen all the heavy dirt before scouring to hard... sand can get caught in the pad and scratch the windows too. Use about a half shot glass worth per standard spray bottle ie: 409 spray bottle. More soap = more slip.
And be very careful with razorblades. If they don't say stainless right on them they could scratch very easy.. You can still scratch with stainless but very unlikely... Unless you intentionally do it... I got pissed at a newer benz... took my snap off knife and cut a big X in the tint... I was having a hard time cutting my micro edge... I peeled tint off and the window glass itself had an X carved deep into it... The belt molding and paint got hit too... $1100 worth of damage... I think the glass itself was $550.

Last edited:

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Gila was easier to work with and was clearer to see through when finished. Its hard to describe what its like lookin through black magic.
Black Magic is what you can buy at the parts stores right? I would guess you are talking about distortion... It's probably going to get worse.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I just watched videos for Gila and Sunguard on how to clean cut and install window film... Wow... I wouldn't be working at the shop I'm in if I tinted like that... That was messy as hell. I don't know if there is a good video out there tbh. :doublepuke:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Isn't emory cloth going to scratch the windows? Scouring pads can scratch windows too... We have very soft scouring pads designed for the job. We sometimes use Baby shampoo to enhance the slip of the tint on the glass in the summer time... Its fine to use for cleaning and installing. I would suggest using a dish worthy scouring pad and test it by spraying soapy solution and scrubbing an inconspicuous spot on a window in your house. Your windows on your truck are tougher than your house glass so if you see small faint scratches on your house windows proceed to testing it on your truck... Loosen all the heavy dirt before scouring to hard... sand can get caught in the pad and scratch the windows too. Use about a half shot glass worth per standard spray bottle ie: 409 spray bottle. More soap = more slip.
And be very careful with razorblades. If they don't say stainless right on them they could scratch very easy.. You can still scratch with stainless but very unlikely... Unless you intentionally do it... I got pissed at a newer benz... took my snap off knife and cut a big X in the tint... I was having a hard time cutting my micro edge... I peeled tint off and the window glass itself had an X carved deep into it... The belt molding and paint got hit too... $1100 worth of damage... I think the glass itself was $550.

emery cloth was the wrong term found on google. The pads I have are almost equivalent to the pad you use for washing dishes. Probably the scouring pad is the correct name. I did pull out some very fine sand paper to go over antenna wires. No scratching on the glass, and I was amazed on how much not really that visible dirt there was on the window

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
emery cloth was the wrong term found on google. The pads I have are almost equivalent to the pad you use for washing dishes. Probably the scouring pad is the correct name. I did pull out some very fine sand paper to go over antenna wires. No scratching on the glass, and I was amazed on how much not really that visible dirt there was on the window

I am OCD about cleaning... Far too many lessons learned... I don't even like the fact that I've got a prep guy at work... I trust no one.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I've never been into tinting windows, but am thinking that I'd like a very light grey tint to the door and rear windows on my truck. Figure it would be an easier deal if I had it done While all the glass was out. What do I need to look for to identify a GOOD tint shop?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I've never been into tinting windows, but am thinking that I'd like a very light grey tint to the door and rear windows on my truck. Figure it would be an easier deal if I had it done While all the glass was out. What do I need to look for to identify a GOOD tint shop?
If they look like someone you wouldn’t let in your house....then they are the ones you want to tint your glass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef