Pre cut window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilburn Martin

Reaction score
First Name
Wilburn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 3+3
Engine Size
I use 0000 steel wool to clean my windshield. It's too fine to scratch the glass, on my work truck and my wife's Highlander. Got the idea from a YouTube video on rainX for an RV. Works good in my opinion. I used the AutoZone tint on the work truck. I'm no tinter by far, but it cuts down on the heat in the cab.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I use 0000 steel wool to clean my windshield. It's too fine to scratch the glass, on my work truck and my wife's Highlander. Got the idea from a YouTube video on rainX for an RV. Works good in my opinion. I used the AutoZone tint on the work truck. I'm no tinter by far, but it cuts down on the heat in the cab.
What tints did you use and what did you like or dislike about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Any update on precut window trim? I’m looking at 2 options. Has anyone given these a try yet?

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Any update on precut window trim? I’m looking at 2 options. Has anyone given these a try yet?

I know 3m has had a great reputation for more that 40 years, I have used their product many times in the past and never had a bad experience. I've done about 10 cars since I was a teen. Never used precut, I used to remove the windows from the vehicle to be able to achieve perfection, had to be willing to pull the film off a window, toss it in the trash and do it again if it had a piece of hair or a speck of dust under the film. Very time consuming to get it right, the prep is everything. If the car or the work space is not clean it's almost impossible to get it right. If the air is moving where you are working it will make it much harder to get the film on before dust sticks to it, and then there is static electricity to deal with when you peal off the film backing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl