Pre cut window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
@3504boltmain I ask because tint my truck and witchypoos front windows and provide the tint and the short block is yours

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I've never been into tinting windows, but am thinking that I'd like a very light grey tint to the door and rear windows on my truck. Figure it would be an easier deal if I had it done While all the glass was out. What do I need to look for to identify a GOOD tint shop?

You can take the quarters out, but leave all else... if you do the windows outside of the vehicle, more than likely they will lay the windows flat on a table when they go to tint them... This is bad because dust will be able to settle more easily on a horizontal purpose than a vertical one... And that dust is very visible in the finished product. The quarters could be pulled out, but I'm not sure you can get the metal "bezel" from around them... If you can this will make the install 1000 times easier. but if it is done, the bezel and latch would have to wait to be reinstalled until the cure time is over (5 days minimum, 2 weeks max). Yes, taking the windows out would be easier, but dirtier, and reinstalling them could cause scratches... something you would have never worried about until you go to reinstall them...

Looking for a good tint shop is easy... reputation matters. The shop I work for carries five stars on almost any review website. Yelp, Google, Facebook... I don't know or care about any others. When you talk to them you will also know right then and there... If they are responsive to your needs and speak clearly on the subject and point out what films are good and which aren't (Dyed are not good films). Those are your people.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
@3504boltmain I ask because tint my truck and witchypoos front windows and provide the tint and the short block is yours
Deal. What does she have? and your V10 is a K10 right? 2 door? 4 piece sliding back glass? I can get 50, 35, 20, 15 and 05 percent(s)... I think PA has legal as 70% on the front and any on the back glass... Which makes any of those illegal for the front. I can get an 80% for the front but like 70 it is not worth it. Usually you can get away with darker, but the darker you go, the more of a risk. If you wan't to figure out shades Just head to your local shop, act interested, and figure out what shade you prefer....

I say deal but that all really depends...

Things may change in an instant for me.

I still want that block though. Do you have a garage I can work in?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Deal. What does she have? and your V10 is a K10 right? 2 door? 4 piece sliding back glass? I can get 50, 35, 20, 15 and 05 percent(s)... I think PA has legal as 70% on the front and any on the back glass... Which makes any of those illegal for the front. I can get an 80% for the front but like 70 it is not worth it. Usually you can get away with darker, but the darker you go, the more of a risk. If you wan't to figure out shades Just head to your local shop, act interested, and figure out what shade you prefer....
She has a 2013 Edge 50 on her fronts. The rear and back on hers are factory tinted. 35 on the truck sides and back yes on all questions about the truck. Lol I inspect these vehicles so that isn’t an issue.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
She has a 2013 Edge 50 on her fronts. The rear and back on here are factory tinted. 35 on the truck sides and back yes on all questions about the truck. Lol I inspect these vehicles so that isn’t an issue.
Nice. Why so light on the back glass? People do it I guess... I'll hand cut everything too.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I found out that my kit came and was cut right little thin but I put it on and there was a air pocket and had to tear it off so for me it was a waste of cash

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I found out that my kit came and was cut right little thin but I put it on and there was a air pocket and had to tear it off so for me it was a waste of cash
That sucks man. Sometimes those pockets are hard to get out after the work is done. Takes a lot of practice sometimes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice. Why so light on the back glass? People do it I guess... I'll hand cut everything too.
You must be registered for see images attach
It’s up in the air a little so people can’t see in anyway. Not like there’s anything to steal. Lol I plan on running in events at night and they are usually no lit up real good. The cab is small with a dark seat and dark dash I think 35 will suffice. As far as a garage if I pull the 36s and put the minis on it will fit. The edge fits.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I just thought of this too... Maybe start a thread on window tinting for these trucks on here if this all pans out... I work and you take pics heheh.

BTW this thread was definitely highjacked... Mybad 87silveradok20 .

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The best way if you want tint just take it to a shop or make sure you take your time and dont leave a air pocket. For the kits look for a kit that has a thicker film and wont fade. If you have to cut it to size make sure you measure twice cut once.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Hmmm. I only saw it (the Gila) given 3 stars out of 5 and it only came in 6" width.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
If they look like Danny Trejo...they're good.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I just thought of this too... Maybe start a thread on window tinting for these trucks on here if this all pans out... I work and you take pics heheh.

BTW this thread was definitely highjacked... Mybad 87silveradok20 .
It’s all good I’m learning a lot. This thread may end up making a good sticky. We can make this the window tint thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I bought a roll of Gila and put it on and it turned very blue and I don’t like that so off it comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84