Pre cut window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Has anyone tried the precut window tint kits for our trucks? You can get them for less that $50 but I’m wondering how they are on fitment. I’ve seen several websites that sell them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Has anyone tried the precut window tint kits for our trucks? You can get them for less that $50 but I’m wondering how they are on fitment. I’ve seen several websites that sell them

I used some from fleabay on her f150 it actually wasn’t to bad. The film was thin but it was fleabay.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Don't do it. If you are buying it from anywhere but a reputable shop, it will probably fade in a year. Get the high grade stuff from an actual shop... The one I work at uses Llumar CTX and ATR series. Don't use a dyed film that's the garbage tint. It fades all the time, and some turn purple and bubble up too. Usually you can snag some of the good stuff from a shop...

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I couldnt find precuts for mine. I painstakingly cut all my own. Wing windows were no fun.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I did expensive precut($100 for a wagon) and it was actually pretty good so far. But I do not have but 2 months on it. No long term data yet.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Don't do it. If you are buying it from anywhere but a reputable shop, it will probably fade in a year. Get the high grade stuff from an actual shop... The one I work at uses Llumar CTX and ATR series. Don't use a dyed film that's the garbage tint. It fades all the time, and some turn purple and bubble up too. Usually you can snag some of the good stuff from a shop...
Come do mine. Lol

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I bought some amazon stuff for my k30 that went on nice and looked nice but I have only had it for a few months so it’s too soon to find out if it’s any good. The precut tint I was looking at had a 3 year warranty or you could upgrade to a I different tint with a lifetime warranty. That website was windowtintkits.net. how can I tell if tint is dyed? I’d like to know before my tint on my k30 looks gross so I can get something nice on it. It has lexen 2 ply lx on it.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I bought some amazon stuff for my k30 that went on nice and looked nice but I have only had it for a few months so it’s too soon to find out if it’s any good. The precut tint I was looking at had a 3 year warranty or you could upgrade to a I different tint with a lifetime warranty. That website was windowtintkits.net. how can I tell if tint is dyed? I’d like to know before my tint on my k30 looks gross so I can get something nice on it. It has lexen 2 ply lx on it.

www.lexenauto.com clearly states that the lexen 2ply xl is dyed. Don't buy it. I suggest a reputable shop (and installed). I will continue to do so especially because these trucks are so hard to clean that it isn't even reasonable to D.I.Y. unless time and/or perfection is not an issue. The back glass itself, pheeewwww! To attain five stars as a reputable tint shop.. No more than A few spots of dust in a tint job on a truck that has hard plastic moldings around the back glass is most certainly required. Oh, and a *&$# hair gap of daylight will make a customer wish they went somewhere else. The quarter glasses (vent windows) are always rusted and have a bit of rubber that needs to be trimmed for a perfect fit. If it doesn't say that it is Metallic 3M or Ceramic 3m or equivalent film... you're on your own. I know ford trucks of this era require a hand cut installation because the fit and finish of the framework is usually off by quite a bit.. Our trucks aren't much different. If you decide to go the better route and have it professionally done, make sure they do a micro edge at the top of your windows... If it is that you care so much... I do. In My area, My shop is the best of the area. I have no doubts of that. but we charge waaaay more than everyone else. And for good cause. for a two door square body I would charge around $260 with a sliding back glass with the metallic film. By the way, I always roll down the windows and use painters tape to tape the felt moldings before cleaning and installing.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I did expensive precut($100 for a wagon) and it was actually pretty good so far. But I do not have but 2 months on it. No long term data yet.

Brand? Type? $100 seems about right for a wagon for precut if you got a higher end film. but depends on where. If your in Cali or Arizona or Florida, tint prices can skyrocket.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Come do mine. Lol

Wouldn't it be awesome if all of us GM Square Body boys profited by doing such things.. "Hey, come tint mine and I'll throw on your 4x4 kit on" heheheh! I wish I had a kit for my C30...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Wouldn't it be awesome if all of us GM Square Body boys profited by doing such things.. "Hey, come tint mine and I'll throw on your 4x4 kit on" heheheh! I wish I had a kit for my C30...
I don’t profit on much if I can help out I will.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Brand? Type? $100 seems about right for a wagon for precut if you got a higher end film. but depends on where. If your in Cali or Arizona or Florida, tint prices can skyrocket.
Supposed to be suntek, but I have no way of verifying. Don't really feel like advertising this precut place yet either at this time. But I dove in to tintdude forum a bit before deciding where to buy. Looked no different after installation than what a local tint shop installed on my suburban. Except for the first window that I did where my heat gun took a dump and I had to continue the next day.
You must be registered for see images attach

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Supposed to be suntek, but I have no way of verifying. Don't really feel like advertising this precut place yet either at this time. But I dove in to tintdude forum a bit before deciding where to buy. Looked no different after installation than what a local tint shop installed on my suburban. Except for the first window that I did where my heat gun took a dump and I had to continue the next day.
Suntek is manufactured by CP Films along with Llumar. Llumar is the premier brand from CP Films. I think the shop I work at used Suntek when it first started, but dropped it before I got there. I am not sure if Suntek makes a metallic or ceramic film, but It wouldn't make sense if they didn't. I guess you couldn't go wrong if the film warranties against turning purple and bubbling... I am not sure if you can get a film that protects against fading... Even Llumar doesn't with their ATR or CTX films... though I haven't seen ATR fade on cars that come back to our shop after like five to ten years. I think Formula One might protect against fading... Good luck getting that stuff though heheh.

Oh, I just remembered that I think Suntek would stamp their logo on the clear liner that you peal off. It would have been a little 1"x1" black stamp that just said "Suntek" on it... I don't know how long they did that for though. Funny enough, We would occasionally pull a car in that was tinted down the street earlier that day and have to "fix stuff". And sometimes a reverse image of "Suntek" would still be on the tint because it came off the liner (the stamp didn't have time to dry in the manufacturing process).

Last edited:

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Suntek is manufactured by CP Films along with Llumar. Llumar is the premier brand from CP Films. I think the shop I work at used Suntek when it first started, but dropped it before I got there. I am not sure if Suntek makes a metallic or ceramic film, but It wouldn't make sense if they didn't. I guess you couldn't go wrong if the film warranties against turning purple and bubbling... I am not sure if you can get a film that protects against fading... Even Llumar doesn't with their ATR or CTX films... though I haven't seen ATR fade on cars that come back to our shop after like five to ten years. I think Formula One might protect against fading... Good luck getting that stuff though heheh.

Oh, I just remembered that I think Suntek would stamp their logo on the clear liner that you peal off. It would have been a little 1"x1" black stamp that just said "Suntek" on it... I don't know how long they did that for though. Funny enough, We would occasionally pull a car in that was tinted down the street earlier that day and have to "fix stuff". And sometimes a reverse image of "Suntek" would still be on the tint because it came off the liner (the stamp didn't have time to dry in the manufacturing process).
Have you ever used the Gila heat shield? It’s a ceramic tint and seems to have good reviews

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell