please help! C10 Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skipsatrip

Reaction score
First Name
skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
why is it so hard/expensive to find new oem style lower control arms for my 81 c10 when i see the ones for the c20's for cheap and all over the place? am i missing something? be nice. this is my first post.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
This is not an answer, but what is wrong with your stock ones?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
why is it so hard/expensive to find new oem style lower control arms for my 81 c10 when i see the ones for the c20's for cheap and all over the place?

Who knows. Maybe haters just gonna hate.

Anyway, here is a set for 300 bucks that look real close to OEM:

You must be registered for see images attach

Link to Brothers:

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/73-91-LOWER-CONTROL-ARM-PAIR-1_2-TON/productinfo/LCA7387/

But I have to ask; why don't you just re-bush your stock arms?

The end result will be far superior to any aftermarket/reproduction product available today. Regardless of who the manufacturer is, it doesn't matter. The quality of steel currently used to make these types of parts can't compare to the steel used to fabricate the original component.

skipsatrip

Reaction score
First Name
skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
why is it so hard/expensive to find new oem style lower control arms for my 81 c10 when i see the ones for the c20's for cheap and all over the place?

Who knows. Maybe haters just gonna hate.

Anyway, here is a set for 300 bucks that look real close to OEM:

Link to Brothers:

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/73-91-LOWER-CONTROL-ARM-PAIR-1_2-TON/productinfo/LCA7387/

But I have to ask; why don't you just re-bush your stock arms?

The end result will be far superior to any aftermarket/reproduction product available today. Regardless of who the manufacturer is, it doesn't matter. The quality of steel currently used to make these types of parts can't compare to the steel used to fabricate the original component.
I wanted to use stock but I know how much of a pita it is to press the old shaft out. I want to find own ones that aren't so damn expensive. I see the ones for c20's for next to nothing. I was wondering why that was the case. Why are the Lowe arms for the c10 so pricey?

skipsatrip

Reaction score
First Name
skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
And thank you for the link. I'll get those right now. I wanted to have everything ready to swap out immediately instead of having to mess with pressing that shaft and bushings out. Make the swap a little smoother.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wish I had known they were such a problem to find. In the last few years, I've scrapped about 4 sets.

Welcome to GMSB Skip. We're easy to get along with here and fairly loose with very few rules. It's not a rule, but we do ask keep your thread title a bit descriptive to your issue. Helps in thread search, and certainly will get you help quicker.

Are you sure you want to order that $300 set right away? If you can stand to wait a day or so, there might be someone here with a spare set willing to hook you up for much less.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I started you a classifieds WANT ad and linked it to here. If anyone has some they'll get in touch with you here on this thread or by PM. I hate to see someone spend $300+ for aftermarket parts, when someone here just might have good OEM used ones for about 1/3 of that. I know now, I'll be keeping the next set of the next C10 I part out and scrap.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?p=310374#post310374

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have a set of oem a arms from a 90 suburban. One has new ball joint, and other one come with one not installed yet

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
See, there you go. Fairly certain the 90 Burb LCA's should be the same. @RetroC10Sport can confirm with his software.

skipsatrip

Reaction score
First Name
skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a set of oem a arms from a 90 suburban. One has new ball joint, and other one come with one not installed yet

are the shafts and bushings already pressed out? i have a set but the shafts are seized in there and it's gonna be more than its worth to get them out

skipsatrip

Reaction score
First Name
skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

who knows. Maybe haters just gonna hate.

Anyway, here is a set for 300 bucks that look real close to oem:

link to brothers:

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/73-91-lower-control-arm-pair-1_2-ton/productinfo/lca7387/

but i have to ask; why don't you just re-bush your stock arms?

on backorder!!!! Exactly my point!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
are the shafts and bushings already pressed out? i have a set but the shafts are seized in there and it's gonna be more than its worth to get them out

They are still complete. Still on a vehicle actually.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

So that's why you're replacing them? You won't be the first to encounter this problem. Some guys even torch the old bushings out. Really, don't be afraid to take your new parts and the old LCA's to a machine shop and have them press out the old and press in the new. I'd be surprised if they charged you more than $20 each LCA. $40 and a day at the machine shop, is going to be cheaper and quicker than buying a new set and having them shipped.

skipsatrip

Reaction score
First Name
skip
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
They are still complete. Still on a vehicle actually.

how are the control arm shaft bushings? i have a pair but the shafts are so seized in there i'm not sure if it's just not easier to get a new pair. too bad i can find any anywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast