Original Digital Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I hear you. I like those a lot, but the analog ones are cool, too. If you find one, I’d be interested in seeing yours if it has a tape deck. Maybe even if it doesn’t for the right price.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I hear you. I like those a lot, but the analog ones are cool, too. If you find one, I’d be interested in seeing yours if it has a tape deck. Maybe even if it doesn’t for the right price.
Mine dont have taped deck

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you can be patient, one will eventually turn up. Just today I got one in working condition, for way less than $300 that stealbayers want.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I've got one that had some issues with heat. It could probably use a rebuild. I think the knobs were dirty inside too. I've got it in a box in the attic. I won't let it go for free, but make me an offer and I'll probably let it go. It has the tape deck, and looks exactly like the one in the OPs picture.

If you are looking for one of these cheap and don't mind working with the electronics to get it going, send me a PM.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I've got one that had some issues with heat. It could probably use a rebuild. I think the knobs were dirty inside too. I've got it in a box in the attic. I won't let it go for free, but make me an offer and I'll probably let it go. It has the tape deck, and looks exactly like the one in the OPs picture.

If you are looking for one of these cheap and don't mind working with the electronics to get it going, send me a PM.

Heat? Like it won’t come on when it’s not? I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but if he doesn’t bite, I’m 110% interested.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Heat? Like it won’t come on when it’s not? I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but if he doesn’t bite, I’m 110% interested.

It seemed to stop working when it started getting hot, like a heat sink was not hooked up right or a component was missing some solder or something. The radio still worked, but not entirely well. I don't want to sugar coat it. This thing will need some work, without a doubt. I debated sending it out to be professionally repaired but decided to get a CD head unit instead lol. Back when I did some research on the issues (it was a while ago) it did seem like it was repairable.

If anybody wants this thing, just let me know.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’m pulling mine out right now thought I would post a pic. I have the two knobs also, the plastic on the display isn’t in the best shape.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach