Need some help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I just can’t imagine selling what is essentially a family heirloom especially when said loved one specifically ask that it stay in the family

Guys...that’s not what he said.
Again, that’s not the entire story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size

Anybody else??
Question my integrity?
My family values?
My patriotism?
Sexuality?
Preference in cars?
I’m what’s wrong with America?

Anything else to say?

Let’s go...
Let’s hear it...

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
to late.

:signs75:

Generally most places dislike these kinds of posts but here is what I have learned regardless of what it is or what anyone says, it is only worth what someone is will to pay for it. Parking it in the garage for a few years wont cost you anything other than adding it to homeowners ins. and might make someone decide they want it because once you sell it, its gone and if hard to track down and get back at a later time.

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
All depends on exact model, trim, options, originality of the truck. And it would only give a direction of pricing. Running comps is hard due to rapidly changing market. It is always easy to say keep it due to being in family for so long but situations are different and that might not be possible. Selling and putting funds for college savings/etc... not a bad idea.
Pictures but more importantly exact description would be needed for anybody to approximate value. Being fully restored when it did not needed would actually likely to be a drop in value depending on how it was done.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
All depends on exact model, trim, options, originality of the truck. And it would only give a direction of pricing. Running comps is hard due to rapidly changing market. It is always easy to say keep it due to being in family for so long but situations are different and that might not be possible. Selling and putting funds for college savings/etc... not a bad idea.
Pictures but more importantly exact description would be needed for anybody to approximate value.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I’ll get all of the specifics and post them when I get them. Thanks for responding. I appreciate the advice.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

You're right, we don't know the whole story. Sorry for my response. After re reading it, I did make some assumptions I shouldn't have and can see how you'd be offended. It just struck a nerve because a situation happened to me that was very similar. So, I'll take that down. But as far as my 2nd post, it's true. You're going to have a hard time getting a fair value here because the range is going to be far off. Then there's value of retail, and value if it gets totalled in a wreck so it's going to vary alot. I do know this much though. You won't get the cash your FIL paid to restore the truck and nowhere near it. These trucks aren't like Vette's or 69 Z28's that go up in value. There' millions and millions of them still available and they're cookie cutter trucks.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
You're right, we don't know the whole story. Sorry for my response. After re reading it, I did make some assumptions I shouldn't have and can see how you'd be offended. It just struck a nerve because a situation happened to me that was very similar. So, I'll take that down. But as far as my 2nd post, it's true. You're going to have a hard time getting a fair value here because the range is going to be far off. Then there's value of retail, and value if it gets totalled in a wreck so it's going to vary alot. I do know this much though. You won't get the cash your FIL paid to restore the truck and nowhere near it. These trucks aren't like Vette's or 69 Z28's that go up in value. There' millions and millions of them still available and they're cookie cutter trucks.

Thanks. I appreciate the response.
I’m not trying to sell it to you guys. Lol..
I just wanted to know what I have and what the value might be, so I didn’t get taken for a ride. That’s all...
That’s again, that’s good advice.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
To be honest, it might just be someone here, and I hope someone here can and does buy it. Sounds like a nice truck that's been well cared for. I'm sure there's many of us here that would love to have it.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
To be honest, it might just be someone here, and I hope someone here can and does buy it. Sounds like a nice truck that's been well cared for. I'm sure there's many of us here that would love to have it.

Well, I can’t wait for you all to see the pictures.
Honestly, I can’t imagine it looking any better the day it was purchased.

It looks brand new...
I guess with all the work he had done, it kinda is.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard :boti:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Big Chip just asked as well....
We are going to pick it up in 2 weeks and I’ll post some pictures then. Thanks for responding.

My bad, that comment hadn’t refreshed yet. I have a country ass internet connection.

Dish

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
85 blazer frame 49 truck body
Engine Size
400 sbc
Same here go to the rod run in Gatlinburg tn walk around compare it truck to what other people are trying to get for the same quality truck ....But my opinion is anything that has been handed down thru generations of one family and been kept up to the standards your saying should stay in family ....but hey what's left of family values anymore your call ....what your family history and memories worth little in pocket now or more emotional value when ur sons 60 wishing he kept it

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey Dish. Thanks for the reply. We have decided to keep the truck. It’s cool. I’m a C10 fan now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224