Need some help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Hi all.
I need some help from you experts on C-10’s

My father in law recently pasted. When his father passed, he asked for the 85 C-10 that his father had owned since it was new.

It was in EXCELLENT shape when he got it. My father in law was a wealthy man, and later in life decided to restore the C-10. (We werent sure why, it didnt need it, but its his $$$.)

He painted it the same blue color it was originally, new engine, new interior, new AC, fuel pump, tires, wheels, completely restored the truck, etc etc. etc...

It looks like a brand new truck. Looks brand new...
He never drove it, occasionally my mother in law said, and it sat in his garage.

He wanted my 13 year old son to have it. He doesn't want it, and we are going to sell it.

Here is the part i need your help with.
What is the truck worth? Where is the best place to sell a truck like this?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I ain't touchin this thread with a ten foot stick!:insane:
Hope I didn’t say anything offensive. I’m just looking for advice and thought I would ask the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I'm going to say $1400 and I'll need an address to send the money to.
Lol...well I was born at night...it wasn’t last night...but..

I honestly need some advice. Does anybody have some experience with this. Thanks again.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Lol...well I was born at night...it wasn’t last night...but..

I honestly need some advice. Does anybody have some experience with this. Thanks again.
Guys will want to see some pictures and some details to help out because prices seem to be all over the place with these trucks.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Guys will want to see some pictures and some details to help out because prices seem to be all over the place with these trucks.

Ok. We are going to pick it up in 2 weeks. I’ll post pictures then. Thanks for your help!

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Pictures?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I ain't touchin this thread with a ten foot stick!:insane:

to late.

A sign of the times and exactly what's wrong with this country today. Total lack of disrespect and parents aren't willing to teach it. Total breakdown of family values. All about the mighty dollar and greed not about family structure. Let me guess, this kid wants a POS Honda Civic with a fart can scrapping the ground and dad is going to make sure he gets it???

So the truck has already been handed down from 2 grandparents if I understand right?!?!? Now we're going to sell it like it's a piece of trash and buy what we want without any appreciation whatsoever that my grandfather thought enough of me, he wanted me to have it. If my kid didn't want the damn truck, I'd take it for myself. Maybe some day the kid might grow up, maybe even on my death bed and decide he wants it afterall. Otherwise, I'd find another family member who would appreciate it and give it to them based on it's not to be sold and to stay within the family if they chose to get rid of it. Then I'd go buy that kid a lawnmower and tell him to get busy saving his money so when he's 16 he'll have money to buy his own damn Fart Can Honda.

If you have to go pick it up in 2 weeks, it doesn't even sound like this kid has seen the truck in quite some time, but his mind made up that quick??? Unreal !!!

To answer your question, the value of that truck is PRICELESS !!! Good Luck getting that out of it. The value of anything is what someone else is willing to pay for it.

We're not appraisers here, we fix and build trucks and encourage our kids and grandkids to do it with us, and encourage the young teens like your son to do the same. You might want to get with some auto appraisal company like Haggerty. They can tell you what it's worth.

:signs75:

Generally most places dislike these kinds of posts but here is what I have learned regardless of what it is or what anyone says, it is only worth what someone is will to pay for it. Parking it in the garage for a few years wont cost you anything other than adding it to homeowners ins. and might make someone decide they want it because once you sell it, its gone and if hard to track down and get back at a later time.

Big Dew

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
A sign of the times and exactly what's wrong with this country today. Total lack of disrespect and parents aren't willing to teach it. Total breakdown of family values. All about the mighty dollar and greed not about family structure. Let me guess, this kid wants a POS Honda Civic with a fart can scrapping the ground and dad is going to make sure he gets it???

So the truck has already been handed down from 2 grandparents if I understand right?!?!? Now we're going to sell it like it's a piece of trash and buy what we want without any appreciation whatsoever that my grandfather thought enough of me, he wanted me to have it. If my kid didn't want the damn truck, I'd take it for myself. Maybe some day the kid might grow up, maybe even on my death bed and decide he wants it afterall. Otherwise, I'd find another family member who would appreciate it and give it to them based on it's not to be sold and to stay within the family if they chose to get rid of it. Then I'd go buy that kid a lawnmower and tell him to get busy saving his money so when he's 16 he'll have money to buy his own damn Fart Can Honda.

If you have to go pick it up in 2 weeks, it doesn't even sound like this kid has seen the truck in quite some time, but his mind made up that quick??? Unreal !!!

To answer your question, the value of that truck is PRICELESS !!! Good Luck getting that out of it. The value of anything is what someone else is willing to pay for it.

We're not appraisers here, we fix and build trucks and encourage our kids and grandkids to do it with us, and encourage the young teens like your son to do the same. You might want to get with some auto appraisal company like Haggerty. They can tell you what it's worth.

HotRodPC.
Thanks for your response.
Lots to say but won’t...

Thanks man.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not a matter of liking these type posts. There's other reasons people need to know values, like divorce or injury, being laid off work or moving out of state or the country. But then you get low ball offers to someone thinking they're Barrett Jackson himself and put some ridiculous value on it so you're likely to get an extremely far different opinions and quotes. Then you also deal with different regions of the country too. What's worth $1500 here in OK is worth $3000 in OH or PA in the rust belt states.

I'm not even sure why he'd spend the funds to go pick it up if he's going to sell it. It might even be worth more where ever it's at.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I just can’t imagine selling what is essentially a family heirloom especially when said loved one specifically ask that it stay in the family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1