Need help! Key stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2burbfamily

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Need some help. I put the key in the barn door of my suburban two days ago, turned the key and unlocked the door and now it's stuck. Won't turn either direction and won't come out. Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
if you take the barn door panel off, you can get access to the lock from the back. Can see if it is the lock it self or the mechanism that locks/unlocks the door that is causing the issue. Can take it out and take it to a locksmith as well from there.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If there is any gap on the sides of the key, I'd try spraying a mixture of lock graphite and PBlaster in there. Use the nozzle of the graphite to get it in as far as possible and then use the Pblaster to inject it deeper.

Did the key move to the middle/release position or is it stuck over in the unlock position?

Can you wiggle it even a little bit?

Make sure the ends of the latch rods aren't jammed against the strikers by something in the cargo area. You know how sometimes, if you have the steering wheel hard over and then turn the ignition off, the key is a bitch to move to the OFF position. You have to really force the steering wheel over to release the key. I mean like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512