Liquid in cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StickyLifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Screw You Homophobes
Truck Year
N/A
Truck Model
N/A
Engine Size
N/A
My bet is it was just a rocker stud failure, possible lifter. You mentioned that the wrong head gaskets might have been used but clearly the car ran ok with them. I guess without pictures of the differences or standing there with you it's hard to tell.
I should have taken pictures yesterday when I was at the shop, but didn't think of it.

StickyLifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Screw You Homophobes
Truck Year
N/A
Truck Model
N/A
Engine Size
N/A
You have a good plan. If there's no need to deck the heads, head gasket thickness can be changed for a minor compression ratio change. Consider that, as decking the heads can sometimes make intakes fit a little different, or not fit at all.
I should find out in the next day or so if the heads are okay. The repair shop owner called me this morning to let me know the heads are at the machine shop. I told him I don't want to do anything that would hurt the value of the heads. My block and rotating assembly aren't worth much, but the heads are worth a good chunk of change. I have two kids in college so money is tight right now, but I may try to find a block from around the same time and build a better engine around the heads.

Thank you for your feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
south456