Bad Master Cylinder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Perhaps try bleeding the master cylinder like this before hooking the lines up, this is the generic instructions that come with new master cylinders. They also come with a few clear plastic pieces of tubing and some fittings.

You must be registered for see images attach

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
Perhaps try bleeding the master cylinder like this before hooking the lines up, this is the generic instructions that come with new master cylinders. They also come with a few clear plastic pieces of tubing and some fittings.

Thanks Casey. I was hoping to avoid buying the kit to bleed back into itself, but I may need to bite the bullet. Bleeding without it isn't working for me yet.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Thanks Casey. I was hoping to avoid buying the kit to bleed back into itself, but I may need to bite the bullet. Bleeding without it isn't working for me yet.
Good luck sir... Even with the bench bleed kit I swear I pumped mine about a thousand times before the bubbles stopped.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
AND... slow easy pumps..ya can't be in a hurry. Give it a little time to rest between pumps.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
The friend I got the master from told me to remove the lines off the master and use my fingers over the holes to prevent air from getting sucked back in while my son pumps the pedal. Will try that technique later this afternoon. Thanks for the tips guys!

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
So, that worked. Got the master to bleed.
Was obviously sucking air back into the master through the rear line before. Finger was a one way valve over the rear line hole. Success!
But the saga continues….
Went to bleed the right rear, fluid started coming out! Success! Then I heard a leak. Wheel cylinder decided to give way. See below.
Why did this happen? First time bleeding drums. Thanks for taking the time to help me figure out how to keep the truck on the road

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
These are brand new wheel cylinders by the way. What did I do wrong? It seemed like just a little brake fluid was coming out slowly from the bleeder when I cracked it. Then it started making a leaking noise and I saw it flowing down the bottom of the tire on the back of the wheel. Why would the rubber pop out of a new cylinder?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
These are brand new wheel cylinders by the way. What did I do wrong? It seemed like just a little brake fluid was coming out slowly from the bleeder when I cracked it. Then it started making a leaking noise and I saw it flowing down the bottom of the tire on the back of the wheel. Why would the rubber pop out of a new cylinder?
Bad luck/POS chinesium part.

If the shoes are still dry you should be able to change the wheel cylinder out only removing 1 spring.:waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad