Leaf spring mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokEaterHD

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally started working on my old farm truck. Goal is to get it running and handling good, put a flatbed on it, and fix all the rust and some new paint. It’s a ‘75 K20. I’ve pulled the bed off and while the frame isn’t the best, it’s not rusted thru anywhere except on the leaf spring hangers just above the spring bolts. I’m just down the road from Classic Parts, but of course, can’t find those mounts. I just assumed you could take the old ones off and bolt on a new set. I’m at work or I’d show a picture of what I’m referring to. Any ideas? Update: I found them on LMC. $45 For the rear, $99 for the front? Damn!

Last edited:

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Finally started working on my old farm truck. Goal is to get it running and handling good, put a flatbed on it, and fix all the rust and some new paint. It’s a ‘75 K20. I’ve pulled the bed off and while the frame isn’t the best, it’s not rusted thru anywhere except on the leaf spring hangers just above the spring bolts. I’m just down the road from Classic Parts, but of course, can’t find those mounts. I just assumed you could take the old ones off and bolt on a new set. I’m at work or I’d show a picture of what I’m referring to. Any ideas? Update: I found them on LMC. $45 For the rear, $99 for the front? Damn!
Youll have to cut the rivets out and then yea you can bolt up new mounts

SmokEaterHD

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Any sources to purchase them other than LMC?

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Damnit...I had a set of the riveted on leaf mounts, but it's possible I ditched them when I installed the four link. I will look to see what I have left.....

SmokEaterHD

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That'd be great! I'm not looking for perfection, just needs to work. It'll be my first time doing body work also so learning as I go. At least I know my wiring will be good since DC is the majority of my background knowledge. Thanks for looking!

SmokEaterHD

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Still trying to find replacements that won't break the bank. Specifically just need the front hangers, but wouldn't turn down a full set in good condition. My rear hangers are pretty good still. Stopped by Classic Parts yesterday and got the deer in the headlights look from them when I inquired about replacements. Also, I need the top plates that the U-bolts mount to on the leaf springs. They are in pretty bad shape as well. Thanks!

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Still trying to find replacements that won't break the bank. Specifically just need the front hangers, but wouldn't turn down a full set in good condition. My rear hangers are pretty good still. Stopped by Classic Parts yesterday and got the deer in the headlights look from them when I inquired about replacements. Also, I need the top plates that the U-bolts mount to on the leaf springs. They are in pretty bad shape as well. Thanks!
Ive some plates from a k10 with a 10bolt. no hangers though i wpuld have like 2 months ago but got sick of lookimg at the half a frame and scraped it

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What about a b52 kit from dix4 or whatever. its for putting 52in springs in the front wonder if you could use it to put them in The stock location?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That'd be great! I'm not looking for perfection, just needs to work. It'll be my first time doing body work also so learning as I go. At least I know my wiring will be good since DC is the majority of my background knowledge. Thanks for looking!
There is always this set up....
You must be registered for see images attach
Lol kidding of course

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You have to build that **** yourself!!!
It’s easy just get some rusty scrap, attempt to weld, point into traffic and hope to not kill more then yourself.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
It’s easy just get some rusty scrap, attempt to weld, point into traffic and hope to not kill more then yourself.
But I've never welded. Is that going to be a problem?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
But I've never welded. Is that going to be a problem?
Nope just hold the tip to the metal till you see the bright light and **** starts on fire and your done. Oh wait just give it a tug if it don’t come off your good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512