Leaf spring mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach9987

Reaction score
First Name
zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So I have a 1985 c20 that has a slide in wrecker boom but the old leafs was week and you can’t pull with it someone told me 1ton leafs and the mounts would work but they wont and the old mounts that was on my truck got messed up taking off cause I wasn’t thinking any way I have a c10 frame with mounts I was wondering if they was the same it not any help would be greatly appreciated

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Spring hangers for a 1 ton will bolt to your frame however they are made so that the springs are closer to the frame than 1/2 or 3/4 brackets (1 tons are closer to clear dual rear wheels). If you install the 1 ton brackets on your 3/4 ton you will have to move the spring perches on the axle to match.

Spring hangers from a square body 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck will interchange with your truck but they will need to be from a 2wd (you said you had a C20) as 4wd hangers are a little "taller". The rear spring, front hangers from a Blazer or Suburban should be a different shape and bolt pattern that your truck.

Measure your rear springs, they should be approx 56" from eye to eye. If so, the 1 ton springs will interchange with your truck.

zach9987

Reaction score
First Name
zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Thanks for the help I appreciate it I’ll measure them this weekend and try my c10 mounts I have

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1