Kwik Performance AC brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMHAYNES74

Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3 Vortec
Debating the fix for the engine cross member problem when dropping a 5.3L LS into a 85 K10. The lower a/c compressor tensioner is hitting the cross-member. To fix this and ease changing the compressor down the road... I was thinking of moving the A/C compressor up top and eliminating the lower tensioner with KWIK performance kit PN K10291. Has anyone heard of any issues or trouble with this product or currently using it or any KWIK performance products? Thanks in advance for your input.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Use the holley high mount bracket. It has the factory look. I like mine alot.

You must be registered for see images attach

CMHAYNES74

Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3 Vortec
Thanks for input AJ. I have been looking at the Holley site after your post, I agree I like the way that system works. The price is about the same as well.
Few questions n your build if don't mind...

Did you just use only the Holley A/C bracket and the old pulleys from your 5.3 for everything else (ie... pw steering, water Pump)

Which Compressor did you use?

Where did you get your hoses made?

Thanks again for your input and help. In fact I am hoping my truck will look like yours in a few months... Except black on chrome. I seen your thread on the body work. Really nice truck.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for input AJ. I have been looking at the Holley site after your post, I agree I like the way that system works. The price is about the same as well.
Few questions n your build if don't mind...

Did you just use only the Holley A/C bracket and the old pulleys from your 5.3 for everything else (ie... pw steering, water Pump)

Which Compressor did you use?

Where did you get your hoses made?

Thanks again for your input and help. In fact I am hoping my truck will look like yours in a few months... Except black on chrome. I seen your thread on the body work. Really nice truck.

yep, everything is is the factory stuff. i used a generic sanden compressor...the regular sized one. Can't think of the number off the top of my head...

had the hoses made at a local shop here. Cost me about $140.

And thanks for the compliments!!

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
A5?

Latest posts