K5 Blazer 2 into 1 exhaust system with headers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I'm thinking about running a 2 into 1 exhaust system on my 76 K5. 2 1/2" duals into a 3 1/2" single exhaust (Maybe 4"). I saw that at a truck show this weekend. A high-end vender did that. Looks doable. I was hoping if someone has had that done. Can you please post some pictures.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
What was the name of the vendor?

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I'm thinking about running a 2 into 1 exhaust system on my 76 K5. 2 1/2" duals into a 3 1/2" single exhaust (Maybe 4"). I saw that at a truck show this weekend. A high-end vender did that. Looks doable. I was hoping if someone has had that done. Can you please post some pictures.
Like with a "Y" pipe in the typical spot or crossed over to a single somewhere else?

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
4" is excessive for anything other than a big diesel. Even with a big block, 3, maybe 3.5" is plenty. 4" will sound weird, be extremely expensive, and make you look like some weird brodozer type guy. Would be way out of place on the truck in your avatar IMO. Maybe if you had like chrome 24" wheels and a Carolina squat a 4" exhaust would look right at home. But otherwise, please don't do it lol.

3" is plenty fine, 3.5" if you're pushing serious power. But 4" will just be silly looking and expensive for no reason.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Like a Y pipe. The Vender wasn't selling the exhaust system. One of their display frames/drivetrains with no cab on it. I agree on the 3" it would been tight enough with that size pipe. Just something different.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This sounds like a great idea! Wished I had thought of it. Lol

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I called Precision Muffler Shop in Surprise, AZ. We talked about running dual, 2 1/2" to a 2 into 1 muffler. A single 3" out to the passenger rear side behind tire. I will keep you posted.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I run a similar setup, 2.5" from manifolds to 3" pipe to custom muffler and out to the driver side behind the tire, all stainless. Custom build from a local muffler shop. 3" is plenty of diameter. On my C20 I will run duals, the 2 in 1 sounds to modern for me.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Just finished the whole custom Y-pipe, 3" project thing. Couldn't be happier.....and no more toxic fumes!

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I run single exhaust like you're describing. I've got a 454 with Sanderson shorty headers that have 2.5 run into an aftermarket "Y" to 3" all the way out with a Magnaflow muffler. I ran mine down the driver side so I didn't have to fight the bend over the tcase (which is clocked up). Having single and on the driver side makes it so much easier to work under the truck, so much less clutter.

There will be arguments about robbing power by not running dual exhaust and/or (for me) running shorty headers but I'm ok with it on my Blazer, I have always run dual exhaust in the past but now the convenience is worth the loss (again, for me).

You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I like the way it sounds! Sounds tight! Duals sometimes sound poppy to me.

MrHorsepowerLSx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
I forget exactly where I saw this, but it was a truck being sold online and I was admiring what a nice job they did on the exhaust system

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I run single exhaust like you're describing. I've got a 454 with Sanderson shorty headers that have 2.5 run into an aftermarket "Y" to 3" all the way out with a Magnaflow muffler. I ran mine down the driver side so I didn't have to fight the bend over the tcase (which is clocked up). Having single and on the driver side makes it so much easier to work under the truck, so much less clutter.

There will be arguments about robbing power by not running dual exhaust and/or (for me) running shorty headers but I'm ok with it on my Blazer, I have always run dual exhaust in the past but now the convenience is worth the loss (again, for me).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nvrenuf is that a doubler5 I see in your Blazer? Love to chat more if that is....was thinking about that in my 78 Scottsdale I am rebuilding. Thanks!​

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size

Forum statistics

Threads
Members